Claim your business on google search for free is one of the most important steps in a local SEO strategy, Verify and optimize your Google my business listing. The process is very easy and straightforward.
However, you can start by going to Google.com/business. For you to know that you have claimed your business on Google search, you will see a message that says the listing has already been claimed.
Once your Claim your business, you can use the free tools and the Google profile offers to improve your appearance in search results.
Claim Your Business on Google Search for Free
To claim your business on google search means when local customers search for words associated with your business, Google is likely to show them your business. They also help customers with important information like contact details, directions, a clear link to your website, and a click to call button.
Before looking into how you can claim your business on Google search for free, let see what Google is all about.
Google is a fully automated search engine that uses software known as web crawlers that explore the web on a regular basis to find sites to add to our index. It is also the most-visited website in the world, not everyone knows how to claim their business with Google.
The Benefit to Enjoy when Claim Your Business on Google
There are a lot of benefits you will enjoy when you claim your business listing with Google. When you claim your business with them, online users can find your business information more easily.
Google has more of your business information on record, that is, it’s more likely to show you as a search result.
When customers search with Google Maps, your business will appear and will be directed to you.
You can control what information is shown about your business and no other business can claim your business address or name.
How to Claim My Business on Google My Business
To claim your business on Google My Business listing is easy and simple to access. Google has added an offline verification system that ensures only you can claim your business.
Follow the procedure below to claim your Google My Business Listing:
- Open a Web browser and visit google.com/busines.
- once open, click “Start now” Then sign in with your business email if you have not.
- Search for your Business name and full address
- You will be given a few different options, Choose the correct one.
- Click Claim this business > manage now.
- To select a different business, click I own or manage another business.
- Enter the type of business you have and select one of the options Google gives you.
- Tick the box which says ‘I deliver goods and service to my customer at their direction’ if your business provides a service.
- Then follow the steps which will ask you to enter a service area in miles or kilometers.
- Next, agree to the term and conditions to claim your business on Google.
- Click ‘verify’ when Google asks you to verify your address by post or phone.
- Finally, you have claimed your business on Google.
Now that you have claimed your business on Google, you can use the free tools and the profile Google provides to improve your appearance in search results.
How to Claim your Business through Google Maps
You can claim your business through Google maps on your computer, android, iPhone, and iPad. the following are ways to claim your business.
- Open your computer and visit google.com/maps
- once open, go to the search bar.
- in the search bar, enter the business name.
- tap the business name and choose the correct one.
- Click the business name and choose the correct one.
- Click Claim this business on manage now.
- To select a different business, click ‘I own or manage the business.
- choose a verification option, then follow the on-screen steps.
Make sure you follow the onscreen and put correct information to gain access to your business o Google maps.
How to Claim your Business through Google Maps on Android
The process is the same as the computer, the only difference is the app. On the computer, you visit the site because on Android you use the App.
The following are ways to access through android devices:
- Open the Google Map app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Go to the search bar, enter the business name and choose the correct one.
- In the Business Profile, tap Claim this business and then I own or manage this business.
- To choose a different business, tap I own or manage another business.
- Select a verification option, and follow the on-screen steps.
Follow the on-screen process and finish it to claim your business. same as iPhone, just go to the Google Maps App on your iPhone and follow the same step on an Android device.
How to Add your Business Through Google Maps
The steps in adding your business to Google Map is very easy and simple. the following are the procedure.
- Open the Google Maps App on your devices (Computer, Android, and iPhone or iPad)
- Search for Your business and select the correct one.
- Move down and click on Claim this business.
If this information is useful, please share with your friends and family.