Google Map New Features
The google map new features will make shopping really easy this festive season, an update to Google’s driving directions can help you figure out how to steer clear of crowds while you’re shopping and how to navigate around airports and transit stations if you’re traveling this month.
You can use Google Maps to let your family know your whereabouts when you are running late. You can also make reservations using the app instead of calling a restaurant. All these additions are to make the holiday shopping stress-free this year. In this article, we will tell you all the ways google maps can help make your holidays go smoothly and how to use the features.
Navigate through Airports, Malls, and Transit Stations
If you need to quickly locate a store in a large mall or locate places in airports and transit stations, Google Maps announced in November that it’s expanding its Directory tab for all airports, malls, and transit stations.
This can save you from the stress of running around an airport to look for a place to eat or to grab a souvenir before catching your flight. The tab will tell you the business hours and which floors it’s on. You can look through restaurants, stores, lounges, and parking lots.
You can now browse Google Maps to see how Busy a Place is
a new feature that was added to the google maps business tools. Now a new feature known as Area Busyness lets you see when an entire mapped area is clogged with people.
When you move around the map to find a general area say downtown, a Riverwalk or a quaint nearby town. The busyness information will now automatically appear on the map, so you don’t need to specifically search a place to know how crowded it is. Google Maps can use a phrase like busy area when you click for more details, it will tell you how busy it is.
Track your Trip Itinerary in Google Maps
Your google maps can now show you your holiday flight, hotel, car rental, and restaurant reservations saving you the hassle of searching through your email for check-in times and confirmation numbers.
To Check your Upcoming Reservations:
- In Google Maps, tap Saved in the bottom menu row.
- Tap Reservations. Here, you’ll see a list of upcoming reservations you’ve made that Maps has pulled from emails in Gmail.
- Select an item to see more about the reservation, including the date and location.
- You can also search for “my reservations” in the Google Maps search box to see a list of what you’ve booked.
You can now Make a Restaurant Reservation right in your Google Map
To make things easy for us, you can now make restaurant reservations using google maps.
Follow the steps below;
- In Maps, tap the Restaurants button at the top of the map to see a list of places to eat.
- Select a restaurant that looks good, and in the window that pops up, reserve a table or join a waitlist, if it gives you that option (not all do).
Use Google Maps Offline – You can now browse Google Maps to see how Busy a Place is
Google maps can still give you directions when you are offline
- Before you head out, in Maps search for the location where you’ll want directions.
- In the location’s window, pull up the menu at the bottom.
- Scroll right through the tabs and tap Download and then, in the next window, tap Download again. Maps will download a map to your phone for the area you selected.
Since you have downloaded maps for your direction when you lose your cellular data connection, the map can switch to an offline guide, but because you are offline, maps won’t be able to offer real-time traffic info.
Find EV Charging Spots and Gas Stations Wherever you are
If you want to go shopping with whatever type of vehicle, Google Maps can now show you available charging spots and gas stations.
- In Maps, scroll through the tabs on the top of the screen and tap More.
- Scroll down to the Services section and select Electric vehicle charging.
- Maps will display nearby charging stations and how many are available.
- Tap a charging station on the map to have Maps add it as a stop on your trip.
Share your location on Google Maps – Google Map New Features
- In Google Maps, tap your profile icon in the top right corner and tap Location sharing.
- Tap Share location and select who you want to share your location with and for how long you want to share it.
- Tap Share and Google Maps will send your location to everyone you’ve selected.
- If you want to see someone else’s location, tap that person’s icon at the top of the window and then tap Request.
The Google Maps upgrade is a fantastic one done purposely to help us during holiday shopping and beyond.