Claim Your Business From Google Site. If you find out a Business Profile on Google has already been verified and you‘ve been authorized to manage the profile, you can decide to request ownership from the current profile owner or holder. If you try to access a claimed multi-location type of profile, you can also verify as a site manager.
If you are not able to find a “Claim this Business” or “Own this business” link on the Business Profile, this means that you are most likely already an owner of the business. On your profile, you can search for a “You manage this business profile” badge.
How to Request Ownership of a Business Profile
To claim ownership of a business on google business, go through the following steps:
- First off, to find the profile you want to request ownership of, use any of these steps
- Go to business.google.com/add.
- Enter the name and address of the business, then choose it from the search results given.
- Look for your business on Google Search or Google Maps.
- beneath the Business Profile, click Claim this business.
- After going through the steps above, click continue. You will get an error message that says that someone else has already verified the profile. You can then request ownership from the current profile owner.
- Click on Request access and fill out the form.
- Click submit.
Note that the current owner of the profile will be told to contact you via email.
What‘s Next After You‘ve Requested Onwnership
Once you have requested ownership, the present profile will be given just 3 days to respond. To check the status of your request, you will have to sign up on Business Profile or click the link in your confirmation email.
- If your request is approved, you will be notified via email and you can manage your business profile.
- If it is denied, you will also be notified via email and you can still suggest an edit to the profile. You can also make an appeal to the denied request.
- If you don‘t hear from them after 3 days, you might be given the option to claim the profile
To Claim the Business Profile
- open the confirmation email you received about your request.
- Follow the instructions given on-screen to verify.
The New Owner Manager Limitations
Please note that when a new owner is added to an existing business profile, that owner must wait for 7 days before they can access and manage all the features of the profile. If you try to do any of the following things below, you will be given an error.
- Delete an undeleted profile
- Remove other owners or managers from profile
- Try to transfer primary ownership of the profile to another user or themselves.