Nowadays, keeping our online accounts safe is important for everyone. One good thing to do is to regularly update our passwords. If you want to change your password on Facebook, which is always a smart move, you might be unsure about where to do it. Don’t worry, we’ve got a simple guide to help you out.
In this easy guide, we will be exploring the easy ways in which you can change and reset your password, ensuring your account remains safe and inaccessible to fraudsters, impersonators, or anyone at all.
How to change your Facebook password: On the web
The steps we are going to be laying out here should be able to work on any internet browser as long as it has an internet connection. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to change your Facebook password on the web:
- Open any web browser of your choice and go to the Facebook website. Log in to your account using your already existing password.
- Once you’re logged in, locate the small arrow pointing down in the upper right corner of the screen. Click on it to open a dropdown menu, then select “Settings & Privacy.”
- In the dropdown menu, click on “Settings.”
- On the left-hand side of the Settings page, you’ll see a menu. Click on “Security and Login.”
- Under the “Login” section, you’ll find the “Change password” option. Click on “Edit” to the right of it.
- Facebook might ask you to confirm your identity before you can change your password. This could involve entering a code sent to your email or phone.
- You’ll need to enter your current password to proceed.
- Now, enter your new password. ensure that it is strong and not easily guessable. You’ll need to enter it about twice to confirm.
- After entering and confirming your new password, click on the “Save Changes” button.
- Logout Everywhere (Optional): If you’re concerned about security, you can choose to log out of all devices. This is especially useful if you’ve recently changed your password due to security reasons.
And that’s all you have to do. Remember to always keep your new password to yourself and avoid sharing it with anyone.
How to change your Facebook password: On the App
The following steps should be able to work for you on any device that has the Facebook app on it. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to delete your Facebook account on the app.
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile device and log in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the lower-right corner of the screen. This will open the menu.
- Scroll down in the menu and tap on “Settings & Privacy.”
- Tap on “Settings.”
- Under the “Security” section, tap on “Security and Login.”
- Look for the “Login” section and tap on “Change password.”
- Facebook might ask you to confirm your identity. Follow the instructions, which may involve entering a code sent to your email or phone.
- You’ll need to enter your current Facebook password.
- Enter your new password. ensure it is strong and cannot be easily guessed. You’ll need to enter it two times to confirm.
- After entering and confirming your new password, tap on the “Save Changes” button.
That’s all. Now, your Facebook password has been successfully changed using the mobile app.
What makes a strong password?
A strong password includes a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. Don’t use information that can be easily guessed like your name or birthdate.
How often should I change my password?
It’s recommended to change your password every few months for better security.
Can I change my password from any device?
Yes, you can change your password from any device that has access to your Facebook account.
Do I need to log out of my account after changing the password?
It’s a good practice to log out of all devices, especially if you suspect unauthorized access. Some password change processes offer an option to log out everywhere.
What if I forget my new password?
Make sure to store your new password securely. If you forget it, you can use the “Forgot Password” feature to reset it.
Can I reuse an old password?
It’s recommended to use a unique password each time you change it for better security.
Is there anything else I should do after changing my password?
You might want to review your account’s security settings and enable features like two-factor authentication for extra protection.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Change Password on Facebook: Facebook Password Change
- How To Change Password In Facebook: Facebook Password Change
- Changing Your Facebook Password – How to Change Your Facebook Password | Change FB Password
- Facebook Login Account Password Change: Facebook Login
- Change Password Facebook: ON Android | ON Facebook App