The American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS), is inviting Postdoctoral Students to apply for the 2023 edition of the ACLS Leading Edge Fellowship Program.
The Fellowship Program is open to recent PhDs across the field of humanities to work with nonprofit organizations committed to promoting social justice in their communities.
ACLS Leading Edge Fellowship Program 2023
The American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS), is committed to promoting equity, justice, and inclusive excellence in all of its programs and initiatives. Applications are open to underrepresented groups including Scholars from low-income backgrounds and students living with disabilities.
The 2023 edition of the ACLS Leading Edge Fellowship, will combine the use of a webinar, which provides feedback on questions about eligibility, online application, fellowship review, and selection process.
Details About ACLS Leading Edge Fellowship Program
- Category: Postgraduate
- Host Organization: American Council Of Learned Societies (ACLS)
- Supported By: Mellon Foundation.
- Country: International
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application status: Open
- Application Deadline: March 15, 2023
About the American Council Of Learned Societies (ACLS)
The American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS), was established over a century ago as a nonprofit federation of 75 scholarly organizations.
The ACLS Is a representative of American scholarship in the area of humanities and related social sciences, the organization believes in the knowledge that it considers a public good.
Therefore, ACLS seeks to promote the circulation of humanistic knowledge throughout society.
The American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS) is offering the fifth competition of the Leading Edge Fellowship program, to demonstrate the potential of humanistic knowledge and methods to solve problems and promote justice and equity in society.
Financial Benefits of the ACLS Leading Edge Fellowship Program
Successfully Selected Candidates for the Leading Edge Fellowship will receive a stipend of $66,000 in year one, and $70,000 in year two,
Recipients will also receive health insurance and professional development funding.
How to Apply for ACLS Leading Edge Fellowship Program 2023?
- All Interested and qualified Candidates should visit the American Council Of Learned Societies (ACLS) at: https://ofa.acls.org/ to apply
- For more details about this Fellowship, kindly visit the American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS) website at: https://www.acls.org/competitions/acls-leading-edge-fellowships/
Eligibility Criteria for ACLS Leading Edge Fellowship Program Qualification
- Applicants are expected to have a Ph.D. that has been or will be formally conferred by their university between September 1, 2018, and September 1, 2023.
- Applicants graduating in the Spring or Summer of 2023 are required to verify, with confirmation from their dissertation advisor, satisfactory progress toward degree conferral before September 2023.
- Applicants who are yet to have the Ph.D. degree by September 1, 2023, are not eligible for the fellowship.
- PhDs in any field in the humanities or humanistic social sciences are eligible
- Applicants must have obtained authorization to work in the United States for the entire duration of the fellowship term.
Documents Required for Application
- Completed application form
- A cover letter (addressed to the host organization, 1-2 pages). Please note that Applicants applying for two positions will submit two distinct cover letters.
- A resume, maximum of 1-2 pages. Application for two positions attracts submission of two resumes.
- Three references.
March 15, 2023.
More Related Content
- Government Of Quebec Postdoctoral Training Scholarships 2023/2024 – How to Apply
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship In Canada 2023 – Apply Now
- Banting Postdoctoral Scholarship 2022 in Canada – How to Apply
- British Council GREAT Scholarships 2023 for Nigerian Students – Apply Now!
- British Council Nigerian Internship 2023 Programme – How to Apply Now