Applications for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship In Canada program 2023 in Canada are currently open to all interested candidates that want to apply.
The program provides funding to the best postdoctoral applicants, both home and international, who will make a positive contribution to the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
About Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship program is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. Recipients of this Fellowship will be provided with $70,000 per year for 2 years.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships seeks to build world-class research capacity by recruiting top-tier Canadian and international postdoctoral researchers at an internationally competitive level of funding.
The aim is to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both at the national level and internationally, to develop their leadership potential and position them for success.
Summary of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): All Canadian and foreign universities, affiliated research hospitals, colleges, and not-for-profit organizations with a strong research mandate and capacity
- Focus Areas:
Natural sciences and/or engineering
Social sciences and/or humanities
- Number of Scholarships: Usually, 70 fellowships are awarded annually
- Duration of Program: 2 years
- Application Deadline: September 21, 2022
- Scholarship Coverage: Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provide the recipient with the following benefits:
The sum of $70,000 every year for a period of two years.
About 70 fellowships are awarded annually to eligible students
How to Apply for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023
Kindly follow the guidelines below to avail this fellowship:
- You must first contact your desired institution is eligible to host a Banting Fellow. Applicants who are hopeful of being hosted at a Canadian institution, are required to see the Universities Canada website for a list of Canadian academic institutions and their research areas.
- Make contact with the host institution/supervisor. All Applicants must be endorsed by the institution’s president (equivalent or designated).
- You will need to register for Canadian Common CV (CCV) and ResearchNet accounts
- The CIHR PIN is a unique personal identifier required to apply for this program
- A CCV account is a web-based tool that allows you to manage your CV data in a single repository and generate CVs as needed for all member organizations.
- In the ResearchNet application form, you will need to fill out the following:
- Identify an area of research
- identify participants
- Fulfillment of degree requirements forms
- Identify referees
- Degree information.
- Proposal information and supporting documents
- Research proposal
- Institutional letter of endorsement
- Supervisor’s statement
Visit the official webpage for more information:
Requirements for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program
Applicants must meet the criteria below to be eligible for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program:
- The Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All countries of the world
- All Applicants must have fulfilled all degree requirements for a Ph.D., PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree: between September 15, 2019, and September 30, 2023, and before the start date of their award.
- Failure to fulfill all requirements for the degree at the time of application will attract the submission of proof no later than October 15, 2023.
- For candidates with a completed Ph.D. program or more, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree, the eligibility would only be applicable to the most recent of the above degrees.