Avail of this opportunity to pursue your studies in Belgium. We are glad to inform you that applications for the Fully Funded ARES Scholarships In Belgium 2022 are currently open.
This post contains a detailed explanation of everything you need to know about the ARES Scholarship such as its benefits, requirements, and the application process.
About ARES Scholarships
ARES Scholarships are fully funded scholarships for international students globally. The scholarships are offered for undergraduate, master’s, and training courses in Belgium.
ARES Scholarship coverage provides international travel costs, a living allowance of 1150 €/month, an arrival allowance, tuition, and return fees of 700 € to each Scholarship recipient.
International students from developing countries who are looking to pursue a Master’s degree are encouraged to apply for ARES Scholarships in Belgium.
ARES is the short form for (Academy of Research and Higher Education), it is an organization of public interest created by the decree “Landscape” of November 7, 2013. It brings together over 125 higher education institutions, with an aim to ensure the overall coordination of their activities and to encourage them to develop collaborations.
With the ARES Scholarships for masters and training courses, eligible applicants have the opportunity to pursue a one-year specialized master’s degree program or a four to six-month advanced training course within the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, Belgium.
Details of ARES Scholarships
- Study level: Undergraduate degree, master’s, and Training
- Institution(s): ARES
- Study in: Belgium
- Duration of Program: 4 Years for Undergraduate Degree Program, 1 year for the Master’s Degree, and 4 to 6 Months for the Internship / Training Program.
- Eligible Courses:
- Business Data Analysis
- pediatrics and neonatology
- Development, Environment, and Societies.
- human rights.
- Aquatic Resources Management and Aquaculture.
- Risk and disaster management.
- International and Development Economics.
- Transfusion Medicine.
- Public Health Methodology.
- Public Health Sciences
- Environmental Science and Management in Developing Countries.
- Transport and logistics.
- Quality assurance of medicines and health products.
- Health systems strengthening.
- Geographical information system.
- Support of innovation in family farming.
- Scholarship Coverage: ARES Scholarships recipients will be provided with the following benefits:
Funds for Bachelor and Master’s Scholarships:
- International travel costs cover economy-class travel on an IATA-approved airline, a maximum of one round-trip ticket per academic year.
- Living allowance of 1150 €/month for a duration of 12 months.
- Indirect mission fees of150 € usually once per stay, upon arrival of the grantee.
- An Arrival allowance, tuition, and return fees of 700 € are given once per stay upon arrival of the grantee.
- The Registration fees at the current rate for DGD grantees are also covered and the Insurance fees will be directly paid by ARES.
Requirements for ARES Scholarships
- The Required Language: English, French
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of the following countries: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia (only for training courses in English), Haiti, Madagascar, Morocco, Niger, Peru, the Philippines, DR Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, and Vietnam.
- He/She must be residing and working in their country of origin at the time of application
- Applicants must be below the age of 40 for degree programs, and below 45 for training courses, at the time the training is scheduled to begin.
- The applicant must Have earned a diploma comparable to a graduate-level diploma from Belgian university studies.
- Relevant professional experience is required in a developing country for at least two years after graduate studies.
- An applicant Must Have a good mastery of written and spoken French.
- Applicants can only apply for one training course.
How to Apply for ARES Scholarships
- Ensure that you have an active GIRAF account before applying
- Click this link: to create an account on the GIRAF platform.
- Once the account is created, it will be validated within a few hours to a few days. A confirmation mail to create a password will be sent to you subsequently
- Applicants with already created validated accounts can reuse that account and if necessary reset the
- Login to your GIRAF account to access the application form via the Competitive calls tab of your GIRAF profile.
- Once your application is submitted, it is sent to ARES and you can no longer modify it. However, You can still consult it in the My submitted files table.
For more information about ARES Scholarships Belgium, please visit the official website