The Government Of Quebec Postdoctoral Training Scholarships 2023/2024 is targeted toward candidates seeking to pursue a post-doctoral research training program in one of the fields covered by the Health Fund, see this link.
Government Of Quebec Postdoctoral Training Scholarships 2023/2024
The Quebec Postdoctoral Training Scholarships 2023/2024 is offered by the Fonds de recherché du Québec with the aim to:
- Providing assistance to support new generations of students in a range of research sectors:
Natural sciences, mathematics sciences, and engineering
humanities, social sciences, art and literature
- Enhance the interest of new generations of students in research
- Offer support to research excellence by providing financial assistance to the best students as they undertake or pursue a master’s research program.
The Quebec Postdoctoral Training Scholarship program seeks to help citizens of other countries who hold a doctorate (Ph.D.) advance their training and broaden their interests. Also, the postdoctoral scholarship is intended to encourage these researchers to learn about new scientific environments, new research methodologies, research project management and student leadership skills, and communication skills.
Internship supervisors are expected to act as a mentor in the development of the candidate’s future academic career.
Also Read: The Popularity of Football in Kenya
Details of Government of Québec Postdoctoral Training Scholarships
- Type of Program: Postgraduate
- Organization: Government of Québec
- Country: Canada
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: October 6, 2022
Benefits of Government Of Quebec Postdoctoral Training Scholarships 2023/2024
- Successfully Selected applicants for the postdoctoral scholar will benefit from the scholarship Worth of valued at $45,000/year.
- The highest amount is six (6) payments with a total of $90,000.
- Recipients who are having their postdoctoral studies outside Québec will receive a supplemental amount of $10,000 per year.
- The Scholarship recipients may apply for a renewal in the same competition for a subsequent year if they wish to extend their postdoctoral fellowship award by one year.
- Also, an additional year’s award of $45,000 may be granted following the evaluation.
How to Apply for Government Of Quebec Postdoctoral Training Scholarships 2023/2024
- Visit the application webpage to access the 2023–2024 application e-form
- Please note that the application e-form will be available on the respective websites for at least one month prior to the competition deadline.
- Submit the form electronically by the competition deadline, as determined by the Fonds.
- Visit the webpage for more details
All Applicants must prepare their application ahead to ensure they have all the required documents and submit the form by the competition deadline.
Eligibility Criteria for Government Of Quebec Postdoctoral Training Scholarships Qualification
- Quebec Postdoctoral Training Scholarships is intended for candidates looking to pursue a post-doctoral research training program in one of the fields covered by the Health Fund.
- In other to be eligible for this postdoctoral scholarship, applicants must be citizens of countries other than Canada, seeking to pursue their postdoctoral training in Québec.
- All Applicants are expected to have completed a doctorate less than two (2) years prior to the competition deadline or intend to submit their doctoral thesis before March 1, 2024. (There is an exception for renewal applications).
- Candidates who apply to the FRQS are eligible to receive scholarship payments for a period of six (6) semesters or until the end of the program for which the scholarship is sought, whichever comes first.
October 6, 2022