Banting Postdoctoral Scholarship 2022 in Canada is offered by Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). The CIHR is also responsible for the payment of awards in accordance with the policies and regulations outlined in the Tri-Agency Research Training Award Holder’s Guide.
Are you looking to study in Canada? The Banting Postdoctoral Scholarship in Canada is open to receive applications for the 2022 intake.
Banting Postdoctoral Scholarship seeks to engage international and Canadian researchers in one place. This research-intensive carrier builds talents and leadership potential making them future Research leaders who will contribute to the growth of the country.
Summary of Banting Postdoctoral scholarship in Canada 2022
- Host Country: Canada
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Participating Institutions: Host Institutes (Canadian and Foreign Universities, affiliated research hospitals, colleges, and non-profits with strong research mandate & capacity)
- Of Scholarships: A total of 70 Scholarships are awarded Annually
- Official Language: English
- Financial Coverage: Fully funded
- Duration: 2 years
- Application Deadline: 21 September 2022
About Banting Postdoctoral Scholarship
The Banting Postdoctoral Scholarship is considered the biggest invitation provided by the Canadian Institute of Health and Research for eligible and interested students.
The institute is currently accepting applications from students and providing funding for national and international candidates who really want to contribute to the growth of the country, such as economic, scientific, research-based growth, and social.
This Scholarship in Canada is a fully-funded scholarship for international students around the world worth about $70,000 per year for two years.
About 70 new 2-year scholarships will be awarded annually and distributed equally across Canada’s three Federal agencies, such as The Canadian Institute of Health Research, NSERC (National Science & Engineering Council), and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
Also Read: How to Change Your Earbud Tips
Banting Postdoctoral Scholarship Financial Benefits
The Scholarship provides the following benefits for the Selected applicants:
- Successfully selected applicants will receive up to $70,000 per year for two years
- About 70 Scholarships are awarded annually.
- Health Research
- Natural Sciences or Engineering
- Social Sciences and/or Humanities
Eligibility Criteria for the Banting Postdoctoral Scholarship
- The scholarship is open to Foreign Citizens
- Candidates having international nationality can apply for Banting Scholarship
- Ideal Applicants having Canadian or Permanent residents can apply for this scholarship
- Candidates must have completed a Ph.D. or Health Professional Degree in other to be eligible to apply for this Scholarship
- Student with an incomplete degrees have to provide the previous DMC before 15 October 2022
- The eligibility window will apply to the most recent degree if the Applicant has more than one Ph.D. or health professional degree.
Application Process For Banting Postdoctoral scholarship in Canada 2022
Eligible and interested candidates can complete the application process by following the steps below:
- Make Contact with your desired host institution or supervisor
- You will need to create CCV and link to the ResearchNet application
- Then Confirm your eligibility
- Begin a ResearchNet application
- Select an area of Research
- Enter participants
- Provide degree detail
- Provide referees
- Fill in proposal info and supporting documents
- Do a Preview of application materials
- Submit the application
- Make sure that your attached documents meet presentation standards
- Visit the official website of the Banting Postdoctoral Scholarship in Canada 2022 for more details