We are pleased to inform you that Applications are open through the 15th of March 2023, for the AFS Global STEM Accelerators Cohort 1. The STEM Accelerators Program is a fully funded scholarship opportunity for women who are active global citizens and energized to help solve some current global challenges.
AFS Global STEM Accelerators Program 2023
Research shows that women globally occupy over half of the college educated workforce. But study areas in STEM only have 28% of women scholars. Oftentimes, women who are interested in pursuing STEM fields which are traditionally dominated by men, usually face challenges. Hence, the creation of the AFS Global STEM Accelerators Program for the future of women in STEM fields.
This program will make opportunities available for women and girls globally to explore their passion and interests in the field of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Successfully Selected Candidates will join in 12-week programs (Virtual) with a focus on emerging and critical STEM skills and fields, global competence education, and social impact.
The program which is co-developed with the University of Pennsylvania will enable Scholars to enrich their STEM knowledge and skills through an interactive, hands-on curriculum, while developing critical global competencies, including problem-solving, analytical skills, and intercultural understanding.
Summary of the AFS Global STEM Accelerators Program 2023
- Host Organization: AFS
- Program Mode: Virtual.
- Program Duration: 12-week program.
- Gender: Women/Girls Only
- Eligible Country: Countries Around the Globe
- Benefit: Fully Funded
- Eligible Areas: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
- Application Deadline: March 15, 2023.
Benefits and Advantages of the AFS Global STEM Accelerators 2023
- Participants will develop intercultural understanding and Problem-solving skills
- The development of Analytical skills.
- The cross-cultural exchange will be promoted by AFS
- Participants will be issued a certificate on Global Competence for Social Impact.
- Scholars who successfully complete the program will receive an advanced Certificate on Global Competence for Social Impact.
- Participants through the interactive curriculum will enrich their STEM knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Application Process for the AFS Global STEM Accelerators 2023 for women
- Kindly visit the official website of AFS at: https://afs.org/global-stem/accelerators/ to apply
- Once the page opens, you will first be required to sign up for your account
- Complete the required fields with accurate information and
- Ensure that you provide all the supporting documents requested
- The application form must be filled carefully and submitted appropriately
Criteria for the fully funded AFS Global STEM Accelerators 2023
- The AFS Global STEM Accelerators is open to women from around the world.
- Applicants must be women between the ages of 15 to 17.5 years.
- Fluency in English communication is a major requirement required of applicants
- Applicants should be willing to collaborate with global peers and explore new cultures.
- Computer literacy is required of all applicants to be eligible
- Have an integrated microphone for easy participation in the virtual sessions and a stable internet connection.
- Women who are classified as Underrepresented, are encouraged to apply.
- Women who demonstrate high financial needs should apply.
Needed Documents for the AFS Global STEM Accelerators 2023:
The following documents are required for application. Applicants are advised to get them readily available before applying.
- Parental consent form.
- Academic history form.
- Recommendation letter.
March 15, 2023.
More Related Content
- Virtual AFS STEM Scholarship Programme 2022 – Application Process
- Women in STEM Scholarships – Apply for Women in STEM Scholarship Program
- Facebook Accelerators Program – Facebook Accelerator 2020 for Innovative Commerce | Facebook Accelerator Program Fully Funded
- TikTok Accelerator Program 2022 – Apply Now!
- Best Stem Toys: Things to Consider