Women in Stem Scholarships. This scholarship is open to women in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and mathematics fields (STEM). This article would talk about STEM scholarships for females. So, keep on reading.
This scholarship is aimed at postgraduate international female students with outstanding educational records. If you ever considered learning and acquiring skills that will boost your ideas on human and environmental crises, then this is your chance to make that idea come true.
Before applying for this scholarship, there is a lot you need to know about the scholarship program, STEM Club, and how you can apply. You can get the basic information about the program by reading more in this article.
Women in STEM Scholarships
With the activity of keeping with MPOWER’s commitment to empowering high potential global citizens to realize their educational aspirations and become tomorrow’s leading scientists and innovators. The scholarship program is focused and targeted at women who will use their STEM degrees to benefit people and their environment.
About STEM Club
STEM Club is an educational gathering of students and tutors meeting together occasionally in a learning environment to work on the different hands-on components of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. The STEM Club encourages students to explore, learn, build, and understand the integration of STEM in everyday life.
It is equipped with modern learning materials and tools which enable and aid students to design and create a prototype using their acquired physical skills and ideas.
STEM Club aims at training millions of high school kids in the field of programming using the teachers in their local school following step-by-step guides to help young people learn Scratch, HTML, CSS, and Python by making games, animations, and websites.
The STEM Club project gradually introduces coding concepts to allow students to build their knowledge incrementally. It also supports active clubs with a range of extra resources, including certificates and posters, as well as offering competitions and prize draws for them.
- Scholarship Type: Postgraduate.
- Host country: The United States and Canada
- Host Organization: STEM Club.
- School to Study: Applicants will be placed in a school in the U.S. or Canada.
- Courses to Study: Engineering, Technology, Mathematics, and Sciences courses.
- Target Applicants: International.
- Gender: Women.
- Deadline: July 15, 2022.
Women in STEM Scholarship Program Benefits
It is an awarded scholarship program. Below is the grant to be awarded to the eligible and selected applicants:
- There is a Grand prize of about $6,000.
- The reward for the Runner up is $2,000.
- Also, there are Honorable Mentions to be awarded to two selected applicants for about $1,000 each.
These are the benefits attached to this program.
STEM Scholarship Courses
Here are the eligible scholarship courses for the Women in STEM Scholarship Program:
So, if you are in any of these fields, you can apply.
Eligibility Requirements for STEM Scholarships for women
There are eligibility requirements to be met so as to be qualified to apply for the Women in STEM Scholarship Program. Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Applicants should be accepted at or enrolled in a full-time degree program at the U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports.
- Those interested in this scholarship should be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Applicants must be international students allowed to legally study in the U.S. or Canada.
- A valid visa to permit study in the U.S. or Canada.
- The applicant must be protected under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- Should be a permanent resident (Green Card holder) of the U.S. or Canada.
Since the Women in STEM Scholarship Program is specially targeted at international students, U.S. and Canadian citizens are not eligible for the scholarship program.
How to Apply for the Women in STEM Scholarship Program
Below is the step to apply for the program:
- Get an internet-connected device.
- Launch the web browser.
- Enter the URL https://www.mpowerfinancing.com/scholarships/women-in-stem/#apply-now.
- Scroll down and fill out the Women in STEM Scholarship Application form.
- Attach the required résumé to describe a record of professional and academic distinction.
- Click the checkbox above the CAPTCHA that is titled “Accept”.
- Then click on the CAPTCHA to indicate you are not a robot.
- And click on Submit.
Your application entry will be accepted and reviewed. You will be notified later on your application status after the selection team has undertaken its selection procedures.
STEM Program Selection Criteria
After application, here are the categories to which applicants will be selected and awarded. MPOWER will select their winners based on the below lists:
- The quality of applicants’ written and submitted essays. The essay should demonstrate clarity of thought, compelling goals, and vision, and also the superior skills applied to the written essay.
- Applicants record of academic and (if applicable) professional distinction.
- The track record of applicants and also potential as a role model and advocate for women and girls in STEM.
- Applicants’ potential to make significant contributions in the STEM field to benefit people and their community.
The list above contains the criteria for selection.
Women in STEM Scholarship Deadline
Applicants are to apply for the Women in STEM Scholarship Program before the deadline which is July 15, 2022. After this date, entries of application will longer be attended to or accepted.
This program involves scholarships for female engineers, female computer science scholarships, women in science scholarships, and scholarships for women in technology. You wouldn’t want to miss this if you are in any of these fields. So, APPLY NOW.
- Italian Government Scholarships 2022/2023 For International Postgraduate Students | How to Apply
- Virtual AFS STEM Scholarship Programme 2022 – Application Process
- Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship 2022/2023 – Undergraduate, Masters & PhD Study Overseas (Bilateral Educational…
- First Mutual Scholarship 2022 intake for Undergraduate African Students – Africa University
- DAAD Masters Scholarships 2022 – Development Management & Agric Economics For African Students