Here is an extraordinary opportunity for girls around the world to apply for the Virtual AFS STEM Scholarship Programme 2022. AFS STEM Scholarship is a well-known program globally, it is a full scholarship program for girls who are active global citizens, as well as energized to help solve some of today’s biggest global challenges.
About AFS STEM Scholarship Program
Studies have shown that women around the world currently make up more than half of the college-educated workforce. But then, STEM positions are made up of only 28% of women.
Women and girls around the globe who desire to learn more about STEM often face a challenging set of circumstances in fields that are traditionally dominated by men. Hence, the creation of a program dedicated to the future of women in STEM fields.
With the provision of this unique opportunity for girls around the world to explore their interests in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, the organization seems to begin a change in this trend thereby creating more possibilities for the perspectives of women in the greater goal of reaching a sustainable future.
Details of AFS STEM Scholarship Program
- AFS STEM Scholarship Application Deadline: 15th May 2022
- Type of Scholarship: Secondary school
- Eligible Countries: Talented young Individuals from all backgrounds who showcase the diversity of populations globally, specifically, underrepresented populations and students with high financial needs are encouraged to apply for this scholarship
- To be taken: through Virtual
- Number of scholarships: Not Specified
- Duration of program: 12 weeks interactive all-virtual global STEM program, June 12, 2022, to September 18, 2022
The Application Process for AFS STEM Scholarship Program
Eligible candidates can apply for the AFS STEM Scholarship by:
- Visiting the AFS 2022 STEM Scholarship application webpage to submit applications.
- Once the page is accessed, locate the Apply now icon shown on the screen and click on it to proceed
Who’s Eligible to Apply for AFS STEM Scholarship Program?
Girls who want to be considered for the AFS STEM Scholarship are required to be:
- The age range of 15-17.5 years old at the program start date
- Must have the ability to participate fully, both online and in a classroom setting, in a program conducted entirely in English.
- Must Affirm interest in STEM, sustainability, and global competencies
- Applicants must be curious and ready to interact with diverse global peers and explore new cultures
- Must have a working computer, smartphone, or other internet-enabled digital devices to access the virtual program content
- Applicant must have an integrated webcam and microphone for participation in online dialogue sessions.
- She must have a stable internet or wifi connection.
Benefits of AFS STEM Scholarship Program
- Successful Scholarship winners will participate in an intensive 12-week all-virtual program focusing on emerging and critical STEM skills and fields, global competence education, and social impact (co-developed with the University of Pennsylvania).
- Also, Scholars will improve their STEM knowledge and skills through an interactive, hands-on curriculum, while developing critical global competencies, including problem-solving, analytical skills, intercultural understanding, and the ability to build bridges across cultures.