Application for DAAD Masters Scholarships for the academic year 2022/2023 is open until 30 May. This scholarship is supported by the West African Center for Sustainable Rural Transformation (WAC-SRT).
The West African Center for Sustainable Rural Transformation (WAC-SRT), is funded by the DAAD Center of Excellence in collaboration between ZEF and partner universities in Ghana and Niger.
About DAAD Masters Scholarships – Development Management & Agric Economics
DAAD Masters Scholarship program is a Master’s in Philosophy for Development Management, at UBIDS Wa, Ghana. The objectives of this Programme are stated right below:
- DAAD Masters Scholarship in Development is designed to equip students with the analytical, methodological, and practical expertise needed to make a positive contribution to development planning and management in Ghana and beyond.
- Specifically, the program seeks to help students to acquire a range of skills and techniques for the formulation of appropriate responses to a diverse range of problems
- It also aims to produce development and humanitarian practitioners with enhanced ability and skills who will engage in the development and change processes and challenges through innovative and critical approaches.
- After successfully completing the program, students will have a good knowledge of development-related issues and the ability to apply their knowledge to policy analysis and practical problem-solving in whatever capacity they are engaged in.
- They would also be able to produce a corps of research-based academic professionals that would meet the demands of institutions of higher education.
Application Requirements for DAAD Masters Scholarship
- Applicants must present their first degree with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) in a related field from a recognized University or Tertiary Institution.
- it is important to note that your First Degree certificate should not exceed six (6) years at the time of application.
- All Applicants for DAAD Masters Scholarship are expected to have completed National Service and have relevant work experiences at the time of application before they are admitted into the Programme.
- DAAD Masters Scholarship applicants must include a cover letter, stating their motivation for applying for the Scholarship.
- The requirement of an official Transcript of academic records and a copy of the previous degree certificate.
- Applicants are required to include a short research proposal in his/her area of research interest.
- DAAD Masters Scholarship Candidates must include a copy of their application form as part of the scholarship application package
- Note that all applicants must pass a selection interview to be conducted by the University.
How to Apply for DAAD Masters Scholarships for Development Management & Agric Economics
To apply for this scholarship, Ghanaians and foreign applicants for the 2022/2023 academic year admissions are required to Visit the UBIDS Online Admissions Portal at: https://ubids.edu.gh/admissions and follow the application procedures below:
- You will need to make a payment of GH¢ 120.00 which is (One Hundred and Twenty Ghana Cedis) for the UBIDS EVoucher for undergraduate programs or GH¢180.00 for Postgraduate programs at any of these financial institution: Ghana Commercial Bank, Agricultural Development Bank, Stanbic Bank, and NIB Bank branches or via mobile money service by dialing *887*18# To All Networks.
- Check the E-Voucher, it contains the PIN and Serial Number required in completing the online form.
- You can Visit UBIDS online Admissions Portal: https://ubids.edu.gh/admissions with a MasterCard or Visa to make an online payment of GH¢120.00 for undergraduate programs or GH¢180.00 for Postgraduate Programmes. Endeavor to print the advice slip for future reference.
- After making payment, you can now access the online form by visiting the online admissions portal: https://ubids.edu.gh/admissions
Please take note of the following while completing the online form
- While filling out the online form, you will need to upload your most recent passport size photographs and relevant certificates
- It is important that you check thoroughly all details provided before finally submitting the online applications.
- please note that the moment you submit a form, you can only view it but can no longer edit it
- For help on how to return the application documents, you can visit any Ghana Post EMS Office in the Country
- Avoid posting the form by yourself but rather seek the advice and services of Ghana Post EMS.
- You will need to print out the application summary such as attached results slips, certificates and all other relevant documents all to be submitted in three copies each to the Assistant Registrar (Academic Affairs Section).
- Once you’ve put the entire application together, it Shou be addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar (Academic & Student Affairs)
Business and Integrated Development Dombo University Studies
P.O Box WA 64
Wa, UW/R, Ghana
- All foreign applicants must also post three copies of the application documents by express mail to the same address
Application deadline: 30th May 2022
Duration of program: 2 years
English proficiency is a compulsory requirement for students who wish to study in the program. All Foreign applicants whose native language is not English Language must show proof of English Proficiency or a certificate of advanced language examinations e.g., TOEFL, IELTS, CAE, and CPE among others.
Best of luck!
YOU MAY LIKE: