Italian Government Scholarships 2022/2023 For International Postgraduate Students is open, the scholarship covers both the undergraduate, Master and Ph.D. degree students at Italian higher education institutions.
Most Scholarship opportunities in Italy cut across needs-based, gender-based, country-based, region-based, and merit-based. Italian Government Scholarships for international students are offered annually for masters and Ph.D. degrees on a basis of merit.
About Italian Government Scholarship
The scholarship is awarded by the government of Italy for studies in Italy both to foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad. The objective of these scholarships is to foster international cultural cooperation, spread the Italian language, culture, and science knowledge, and promote the economic and technological sectors of Italy all around the world.
Summary of Italian Government Scholarship
- Application Deadline: June 9, 2022, at 2 pm
- The Italian Government Scholarship is Offered annually
- Eligible Countries: International
- Study in: The Scholarships are awarded only for study/ research projects at institutions within the Italian public education and research system.
- Eligible Fields of Study: Master’s Degree, Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM)
Ph.D. programs (Research under academic supervision, Italian Language and Culture Courses)
- Type of program: Masters, Ph.D., Research
- Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
- Duration: 1 year
Criteria for Italian Government Scholarship
All interested candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria below before applying for this scholarship
- Applications for this scholarship must only be submitted by foreign students not residing in Italy and by Italian citizens living abroad (IRE)* holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll in the Italian University/Institute. Click Here.
- The age requirement for a Master’s Degree in Arts, Music, and Dance Programmes and Italian Language and Culture Courses must not exceed 28 by the application deadline date.
- Ph.D. Programmes applicants should be Maximum of 30 years old by the deadline of this call, with the sole exception of renewals.
- Research Projects Candidates under academic supervision should not exceed 40 years old by the deadline of this call.
- Certificate of proficiency in the Italian language must be provided by applicants with a minimum level required of B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR): Click Here.
- Please note that Proof of proficiency in Italian is not required for courses entirely taught in English.
How to Apply for an Italian Government Scholarship
- Visit the webpage below to access the registration form
- You will be required to complete the form with the necessary details as follows:
Diploma of secondary studies (at least 12 years)
Declaration of value cert.
Certificate of completion of academic studies
Certificate of attesting universal entrance exams in the home country
Italian language certificate for the program held in Italy and
English language certificate for programs held in English
Italian Government Scholarship worth
- Candidates should contact the chosen Institution in order to be informed of eventual taxes or tuition fees.
- Scholarship-holders are covered by an insurance policy against illness and/or accident during the period of the scholarship
Please note that Air tickets are not covered except for Chilean citizens.