The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship is a prestigious fully funded study opportunity in the United States of America, for international students around the world. Administered by Newton Education Services on behalf of the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development, this scholarship has been offering life-changing opportunities since 2015 to deserving students with a passion for making a difference in their communities.
Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Details
The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship is an esteemed opportunity for aspiring scholars from Egypt to pursue a Master’s degree at the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, USA. The scholarship covers all expenses, allowing students to focus on their academic journey without the burden of financial constraints.
About Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs
The Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, part of the prestigious University of Minnesota, is renowned for its excellence in providing education in public policy, urban planning, and related fields. With a focus on nurturing leadership and enhancing competencies, the school provides an ideal environment for scholars to excel.
Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Benefits
The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship is a fully funded award that offers the following benefits:
- Full Tuition Fee Coverage: Recipients of the scholarship will have their tuition fees fully covered, ensuring they can concentrate on their studies without financial worries.
- Travel Expenses Covered: The scholarship also covers all travel expenses to and from the USA, allowing students to embark on their academic journey seamlessly.
- Living Expenses Support: Living expenses can be a significant concern for international students, but this scholarship includes provisions to cover the cost of living.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance: Health insurance is essential for students studying abroad. With this scholarship, students can rest assured that their health insurance will be fully covered.
To be eligible for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The scholarship is open to Egyptian nationals who currently reside in Egypt.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized institute, and the degree should be related to the chosen field of study.
- Candidates must have completed a 50-credit academic master’s program within two academic years.
- Applicants are required to have completed an 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience.
- Candidates must have at least two years of work experience in the development sector in Egypt following their graduation.
- The scholarship is merit-based, and candidates will be evaluated based on academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
- Applicants are required to provide an English proficiency certificate with a minimum required score of 100 (TOEFL internet-based, minimum 22 on each section) or 7 (IELTS, minimum 7 on each section).
The application process for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship is as follows:
- Candidates must apply online for the scholarship through this link: https://newton-prep.com/yousria-loza-sawiris-scholarship-app
- Applicants must independently apply and get accepted into the Masters of Development Practice program at the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Candidates need to submit a well-written personal statement in the form of an essay, not exceeding 1000 words, detailing their aspirations, academic interests, and commitment to societal development.
- If an applicant is residing abroad, they must provide a valid reason for their stay.
Applicants must prepare the following documents for the scholarship application:
- Completed application form.
- Personal statement (essay) not exceeding 1000 words.
- Copy of a valid passport ID page.
- Copy of the National ID.
- Guarantor’s National ID
- An updated resume.
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- TOEFL/IELTS score.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- One recent personal photo.
- HR letter from the current employer, including salary/salary slip, or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
October 12, 2023.
More Related Content
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students – Apply Now!
- Top 10 Foreign Government Scholarships for International Students
- Humphrey Fellowship 2022 | Fully Funded | USA – Apply Now
- Amazon Smart Plug is Down to $15 Only for Today
- Top Fully Funded Scholarships in the USA for International Students