Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students is a scholarship program for foreign students who want to further their education in the USA.
This scholarship program is mainly for professionals who want to strengthen their professional skills in any of the participating USA universities. The scholarship is a good opportunity for you if you have an undergraduate degree already.
Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
Some foreigners look forward to living and studying in the United States but the travel and living expenses are a downside. Getting a USA scholarship for international students may earn you a visa sponsorship. with this, your travel, living, or tuition expenses may be covered partially or in full.
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship program is a fully funded scholarship program organized by the USA government for experienced professionals interested in strengthening their leadership skills.
This scholarship is open to students in Africa, the Middle East, North Africa, East Asia, the Pacific, Europe and Eurasia, South and Central Asia, and the Western Hemisphere. Applicants who are given this scholarship are sent to any of the universities that partner with the fellowship.
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program Requirements
There are some eligibility criteria you must meet before you can apply for this scholarship. This applies to applicants from all countries. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree (Undergraduate or First University Degree).
- Also, applicants must have at least five years of full-time professional experience.
- Applicants are required to have demonstrated leadership traits in the past.
- A record of active public service is also required.
- English language proficiency.
- Lastly, limited or no prior experience in the USA is needed for the application.
These are the basic eligibility criteria for the Humphrey Scholarship program in the USA. You can also contact the US Embassy, Binational Fulbright commission or Public Affairs Section in your home country to get more details.
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Application
Having known this much about the scholarship program, you may be interested in applying for it. The scholarship is a no-degree program targeted toward specific fields of study. The eligible fields for this program include:
- Agricultural and Rural Development.
- Contagious and Infectious Diseases.
- Communications and Journalism.
- Law and Human Rights.
- Natural Resources, Environmental, and Climate Change.
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention.
- Educational Administration, Planning, and Policy.
- Economic Development.
- Finance and Banking.
- Human Resource Management.
- Higher Education Administration.
- International Religious Freedom.
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention.
- Technology Policy and Management.
- Urban and Regional Planning.
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment, and Prevention.
- The teaching of English as a Foreign Language.
- And lastly, Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration.
If you are interested in any of these fields and meet the requirements for the scholarship, you can apply. Application for this scholarship is easy and the next section of this article will show you how to do so.
How to Apply for Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program
The steps below will guide you on how to apply for the scholarship program online:
- Open a web browser on a device connected to the internet.
- Enter the URL www.humphreyfellowship.org into the search bar.
- On the opened page, navigate to “Prospective Applicants” and choose “Am I Eligible?” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the contact link on the page.
- Choose your “Country or Region” i.e., Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Select your “Country” under your region.
Take note of the contact details listed under your country. You can choose to visit the address stated under your country to begin the application process.
USA Student Visa
The USA Student visa is for foreigners who want to study legally in the USA. If you are an international student who wants to study or further your education in the USA, there are three types of USA Visas you can apply for.
With the Hubert Humphrey fellowship program, you may get sponsored for any of these types of visas. The USA Student visa types are explained below.
F1 Student Visa
The F1 visa is a student visa is for international students who want to live and study in the USA as full-time students. To get this visa, your desired institution must be accredited and approved by the Exchange visitors program.
Also, you should already be enrolled as a full-time student in a USA university, high school, elementary school, or any other USA educational program. Proficiency in English is also required for this visa type.
Holders of the F1 Student visa are not allowed to work off-campus during their first year of study. After the first year, students can engage in off-campus employment.
J1 Student Visa
The J1 student visa is a USA Student visa type for international students who want to study part-time in the USA. This visa type allows its holders to take part in a work and study-related exchange program in any USA educational institution.
The J1 visa type allows holders to work and study while in their first year, unlike the F1 student visa. This visa type is also for students who want to undergo a training in the USA that is not available in their home country.
This visa type is also for students with specialized skills. To qualify for this visa, you should be at least 18 years of age and speak English fluently.
M1 Student Visa
The M1 Student visa is for students who want to enrol in a vocational study in the USA. The vocational study includes cooking, flight schools, and other nonacademic-related classes.
This visa type does not allow its holders to work throughout their studies. This visa is also valid for a year and its holders can apply for an extension for up to three years. You may not need to apply for this visa if you are under a Visa sponsorship.
When is the Application Deadline for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program?
The general application deadline for the Hubert Humphrey scholarship is on the 1st of October 2022. However, this is the general deadline for application. Every country has its fixed deadline and you can check with the US embassy in your country to confirm the date.
Can I Bring My Family with me to the USA?
You can bring your family with you shortly after you have arrived in the U.S if your home country permits it. Hubert Humphrey Scholarship does not provide a financial allowance for family members of applicants. If you want to bring your family to the U.S, you must show proof of financial support and insurance coverage for them. With this, the dependents may apply for a J2 visa.
Can I Choose What University to Attend with the Hubert Humphrey Scholarship?
If you are given the Hubert Humphrey Scholarship, you will be called a fellow. Fellows cannot choose the universities they will attend themselves. They are assigned to a host institution based on their field of interest and area of profession.
What Does the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Stipend Cover?
The fellowship provides tuition and other related fees for their fellows. The stipend offered by the fellowship also covers English language training if necessary.
Other expenses covered include living allowances, accidents and sickness coverage, one-time computer subsidy, air travel, book allowances, and allowances for personal activities such as field trips, conferences, and professional visits.
- Warhammer 40,000 Fans Would Have to Wait a While Longer for This Co-op Shooter
- Sony Wants to Increase PS5 Supplies This Holiday Season
- American Express Gold Card Login & Application @ www.americanexpress.com
- Best Video Podcast Software – 6 Best Video Podcast Software in 2022
- Best Drawing Pads – Things to Consider When Shopping for Drawing Pad