The American Express Gold Card is a rewards credit card issued by American Express. This card is one of the best credit card options for you if you want to earn rewards as you spend.
Due to its amazing rewards and benefits, it is worth applying for. In this article, you will discover what you need to know about the Amex Gold Card.
American Express Gold Card
American Express also known as Amex is a financial company well known for issuing different categories of credit cards. You can always find an Amex credit card in any category of credit card you want.
This includes Cash back cards, Balance Transfer cards, sign-up bonuses cards, Rewards cards, and lots more. The Amex Gold credit card falls under the rewards category and it comes with a lot of benefits that you will discover as you read on.
Benefits of American Express Gold Card
Before you apply for the Amex Gold card, it is very important you know the benefits of the credit card. Knowing the benefits of the card will help you determine if it is the best credit card option for you. The Amex Gold Card Benefits are listed below:
- Four points are earned when the card is used at restaurants worldwide. This includes takeout and delivery.
- Also, four points are earned on groceries.
- Cardholders earn 3 points when they book flights directly with airlines or on amextravel.com with their card.
- In addition to this, cardholders earn a point for other eligible purchases.
- Additional card members. With this, cardholders can add members to their card accounts and earn points when they use the card for purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees.
These are some of the benefits of being an Amex Gold cardholder. Cardholders also enjoy quality card member services where they can report and resolve issues related to their credit cards.
Requirements for American Express Gold Card
Although American Express does not specifically state the standard requirements for the Amex Gold card, there are some general requirements you must meet. To get approved for the Amex Gold Card, you should meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- You must be a U.S Citizen or Permanent resident.
- Have a good or excellent credit score.
- Also, you should have a Social Security Number.
- In addition to this, you need to provide proof that you will be able to make payments on the card.
These are some of the requirements you must meet before you can apply for the Gold Card. Amex does a Pre-qualification test online. You can use this tool to check if you qualify for a credit card.
American Express Gold Card Application
Having known this much about the Amex Gold card, you may be interested in applying for one. You can easily apply for a Credit card online.
This is the easiest and fastest method. Some details you would be needing for the application include your Social Security Number, Tax information, Income information, and personal information. The next section of this article will educate you on how to apply for this card online.
How to Apply for American Express Gold Card Online
To apply for the Amex credit card, follow the steps below:
- Open a web browser on a device connected to the internet.
- Enter the URL www.americanexpress.com into the search bar to visit the American Express webpage online.
- Navigate to “Cards” at the top of the page and choose “View All Credit cards” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to “American Express Gold Card”.
- Click on “Apply Now” under the card.
- Choose your card design option from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in your “Name”, “Email address”, “Date of Birth” and “Mobile Phone Number”.
- Also provide your “Home Address”, Social Security Number”, and “Total Annual Income”.
- Lastly, Provide your “Non-Taxable Annual Income” and “Income Source”.
- Click on “Continue to Terms”.
After this, you can follow the rest instructions on your screen to complete the application process If you qualify for the card, you will be notified by the card issuer. The card will also be mailed to you within 7 to 10 business days.
Activate American Express Gold Card Activation
When you receive a new Amex gold card, you need to activate it before you can use it. You can activate your card online with few simple steps.
How to Activate American Express Gold Card
To activate your new credit card online, follow the steps below:
- Go to www.americanexpress.com with your internet-enabled device.
- Under “My Account”, click on “Confirm Your Card”.
- Fill in your “15-digit card Number” in the required field.
- Also, provide your “4-digit card ID”.
- Click on “Confirm”.
Having done this, your card will be activated and ready for use. You can now use your Amex Gold card to make transactions and earn rewards.
American Express Gold Card Sign Up
Signing up for an Amex Gold card account gives you the opportunity of managing your card account online. With your account, you can pay your bills, add more users to your card, and lots more. As you read on, you will get a detailed guide on how to access your account online.
How to Sign Up for American Express Gold Card Account
To access your account online, follow the steps below:
- Visit the American Express page with the URL www.americanexpress.com
- Navigate to “My Account” at the top of your screen.
- Choose “Create your Online Account”.
- Provide your “Card Number” and “4-digit Card ID”.
- Click on “Confirm”.
Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the process and with this, your credit card will be registered for online access.
American Express Gold Card Login
If you want to pay your Amex Gold credit card bills, add an authorized user, view your rewards, and lots more, you can do so with your account online.
Your account also gives you access to updating your personal information, redeeming your rewards ad lots more. Don’t know how to log in to your account? This article will show you how.
How to Login to Your American Express Gold Card Account
To access your account online, follow the steps below:
- With your internet-connected device, visit the American Express page with the URL www.americanexpress.com
- Click on “Log In” at the top right corner of the page.
- On the login page, enter your “USER ID” and “PASSWORD”.
- Choose “My Account” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Login” at the bottom of the form.
This is how to access your Amex credit card account online.
American Express Gold Card Limit
The Credit limit on your Amex Gold card is the maximum sum of money you are allowed to spend on the card. There is no fixed credit limit for the Amex Gold card. the credit limit is set based on the credit score and credit history of the cardholder. You can qualify for a credit limit increase when you pay your credit card bills on time.
Is it Hard to Get an American Express Gold Card?
Getting the Amex Gold card may not be as hard as it may sound. If you meet the requirements for this card, you may get approved for it. One very important factor is your credit score.
If you have a good credit score, your chances of getting the card will be increased. However, Amex considers other factors such as your credit history, the debt you owe, and lots more.
How do I Check my Amex Gold Card Application Status?
After applying for the Amex Gold card, you may be interested in checking your application status. To do this, you can log in to your account online with the guidelines in this article or contact American Express Customer service.
How do I Pay My Amex Gold Card Bills?
You can easily pay your Amex credit card bills when you log in to your account online. on your account dashboard, click on the Payment option and follow the directives on your screen to complete the payment. You can also set up automatic payments with your account.
Is the Gold Amex Card Worth It?
The Gold Amex card is worth it if you want a credit card that comes with rewards. With this card, you get points for dining, travel, grocery shopping, and other eligible purchases. The Great customer service and no foreign transaction fees is also a plus. However, you may need to consider another credit card because the Amex card has limitations on travel spending and a high annual fee.
How Do I Qualify for the Amex Gold Card?
To qualify for the American Express Gold Card, you need to have at least a good credit score. You should also be at least 18 years and a U.S Citizen or permanent resident. In addition to this, you need to provide a Social Security Number, Passport, or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
- Best Fantasy Football Apps – What Is The Best Fantasy Football App?
- Best Credit Card for New College Students – How to Choose New College Student…
- Marvel’s Avengers Now Have Great News for The Fans
- Cracker Barrel Employee Login at www.crackerbarrel.com
- StarCraft: Remastered is Amazon Prime Giveaway This Month