Yenching Academy of Peking University is currently accepting applications for the 2024 cohort of Yenching Scholars commencing in August 2023. Interested and eligible candidates are encouraged to apply, submitting all required documents such as letters of recommendation, before the deadline of December 3, 2023, by 12:00 noon (Beijing time).
The Yenching Academy master fellowship is a fully-funded residential program, that offers a variety of courses within the Humanities and Social Sciences.
Yenching Academy Masters Fellowships 2024 – What to Expect
Successful applicants (Yenching Scholars) will work closely with their academic mentors, giving them the flexibility to create their study paths. Also, Yenching Scholars will get to choose from six research areas and a variety of extracurricular activities.
The Yenching Academy is inviting suitably qualified international students to study at the Academy as a way of promoting intercultural and academic exchange, as well as personal and professional development.
Yenching Academy Masters Fellowships 2024 – Available Fields
The Master of Arts in China Studies combines a curriculum that covers six broad categories namely:
- Literature and Culture
- History and Archaeology
- Philosophy and Religion
- Politics and International Relations
- Economics and Management and
- Law and Society.
All the above-listed academy courses will be available in both English and Chinese.
Each Scholar has the privilege of selecting a research area from one of six research areas corresponding to the thesis topic:
- Economics & Management
- History & Archaeology
- Law & Society
- Literature & Culture
- Philosophy & Religion
- Politics & International Relations
Benefits of Yenching Academy Masters Scholarship
Yenching Academy offers amazing postgraduate fellowships covering the following:
- Tuition fees
- Stipends for one round-trip journey between each Scholar’s home and Beijing,
- Accommodations, and
- A monthly living stipend.
Eligibility Criteria for Yenching Academy Masters Scholarship
To be eligible for the Yenching Academy Masters Fellowship, applicants should have:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in any field, which must be awarded no later than August 31 of the year in which they wish to enroll;
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Candidates should have a strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China
- Submit extracurricular achievement, community engagement, and social responsibility records
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- English proficiency.
- Successful applicants are expected to show how the Yenching Academy program is relevant and valuable for their career plans.
- Candidates who are aged 25 or younger as of August 31, 2022, will receive preference.
Documents Required for Application
Successfully Selected Candidates for this Fellowship are required to create an account on the Yenching Academy admissions portal and submit the following materials in English:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement (750 words or less)
- A 1500 max words of Statement of Research
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcript(s)
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment
- Two academic letters of recommendation
- English requirements and minimum scores:
- IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0
- TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100
- Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185
- CET 6: Overall 600
- TEM 4: Pass level or above
How to Apply for Yenching Academy Masters Fellowships 2024?
- To apply, all Interested and qualified candidates should go to Yenching Academy of The Peking University at: https://yenchingacademy.pku.edu.cn/ADMISSIONS.htm to apply
- Candidates who receive an offer from the Yenching Academy should kindly review the procedures below before they are officially admitted to Peking University:
- International candidates must complete an online registration with the Peking University Office of International Relations and a final round of application revision by the Graduate School of Peking University.
- If approved, the Graduate School, public announcement of admission, needs to be conducted for 10 working days for public supervision.
- In the case where there is no objection against admission from the public, the official admission letter from Peking University will be sent out by the end of June of the enrollment year.
- For more details, visit the Yenching Academy Of Peking University website at https://apply.yca.pku.edu.cn/detail?category=AppInstr&id=459822462578751301
December 3, 2023.
More Related Content
- Peking University – Yenching Academy Scholarship 2023-2024 | APPLY NOW
- Yenching Academy Scholarship 2024 in China | APPLY NOW
- Future Academy Africa Tech Scholarship 2022 for Young Africans – Apply Now
- Google Analytics Academy – List of Google Analytics Academy Courses | How to Get Google Analytics Certification
- How to Make Payment with Academy Credit Card