Applications are ongoing for the YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program 2023 (Cohort 46). The YALI RLC West Africa is on the lookout for young individuals who are eager to step into leadership roles and actively contribute to the transformation of their nations. The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is a United States government initiative aimed at investing in the future generation of African leaders.
YALI was established in recognition of the fact that nearly 1 in 3 Africans are aged between 10 and 24, with approximately 60% of the continent’s population under the age of 35. This initiative seeks to address the vital question of who will empower and guide these young Africans. YALI focuses on three key areas: business and entrepreneurship, civic leadership, and public management.
YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program 2023 – Details
The Emerging Leaders Program is a comprehensive 17-week journey designed to equip young African leaders with modern leadership skills. This program is divided into four distinct phases, each contributing to the development of capable leaders. The phases include :
Phase 1: Coursework (5 weeks)
In this phase, participants will engage in intensive coursework either in-person or online. They will delve into various aspects of leadership, gaining valuable insights and knowledge.
Phase 2: Mentorship Program (3 weeks)
Participants will have the opportunity to be mentored by experienced leaders, providing them with guidance and a deeper understanding of leadership in practice.
Phase 3: Internship or Community Service (6 weeks)
This hands-on experience allows participants to apply their newfound skills in real-world situations, whether through internships or community service initiatives.
Phase 4: Report Writing (3 weeks)
The final phase involves reflecting on their experiences and documenting their journey, which fosters self-awareness and the ability to articulate their leadership insights.
Advantages of Participating in YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program
Participating in the YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program comes with certain benefits:
- Upon completing the program, participants will receive a certificate and join the prestigious YALI Alumni network.
- This program also offers participants various forms of leadership training, equipping them for leadership roles in their respective fields.
Eligibility Criteria for YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program 2023
To be eligible for the Emerging Leaders Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be Age between 18 to 35 years old at the time of application submission for the program
- Have Citizenship and residency in one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, and Burkina Faso.
- Applicants must not be citizens of the United States or applicants with permanent residents of the U.S.
- Should be eligible to obtain the necessary visa for Ghana.
- Be Proficient In both writing, listening, and speaking English.
Selection Criteria for YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Programme
The selection process for Cohort 46 (Onsite) of the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa, Accra is highly competitive and merit-based. It includes the following criteria:
- Candidate’s demonstrated leadership in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
- Strong teamwork and respect for diverse opinions.
- Exceptional social and communication skills.
- A positive and energetic attitude.
- A profound knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the chosen sector or track.
- A commitment to applying leadership skills and training for the betterment of one’s country and community post-program.
Applying for the YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program 2023?
- Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can apply through the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) application page at https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=ccb-6Y_pkEi95JSvoILC816d8wb7uHNBoqQNZPlF5NtURVBWSDlYSE5BNTVGMjIxNUg0OVY2VjNRQy4u
- Once the page is accessed, applicants will be required to provide information about themselves.
- It’s important to provide accurate information to enable YALI to make contact during the application review process when necessary.
- For more detailed information, Go to official YALI official website at https://yaliwestafrica.net/rlc/index.php/apply-nowsdafawfwqr/
The application deadline is not specified, stay updated on this page or regularly visit the YALI website for more information
Is there an application fee for the YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program?
No, there is no application fee for this program.
Can international students apply for this program?
No, the program is open to citizens and residents of specific West African countries.
What is the significance of joining the YALI Alumni network?
Being part of the YALI Alumni network provides ongoing opportunities for networking, learning, and collaboration with other emerging leaders.
How will the mentorship program benefit participants?
The mentorship program offers one-on-one guidance from experienced leaders, helping participants develop their leadership skills and insights.
Are there any age restrictions for the YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program?
Yes, applicants must be between 18 to 35 years old at the time of application submission.
More Related Content
- Climate Tech Innovators and Leaders Program 2023 – YALI Africa
- YALI Mandela Washington Fellowship 2024 – APPLY NOW
- YALI Mandela Washington Fellowship Program 2023 For Young African Leaders – Apply Now!
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship – Apply Now
- University Canada West Scholarships 2023 – APPLY NOW!