American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is a fully funded Scholarship program organized by the American University. This scholarship program is organized to encourage students who possess academic excellence as well as good leadership skills. In this article, you would discover everything you need to know about this scholarship; the eligibility criteria, how to apply, and lots more.
American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
This Global Leaders Scholarship is also known as AU EGL and it is organized to improve international diversity. This scholarship is not open to U.S citizens, or permanent residents. If you are a dual citizen of the U.S and another nation, you cannot apply. Also, individuals who graduated earlier than 2021 and have already begun a post-secondary study in another institution whether within or outside the U.S. are not eligible to apply.
With this, you should know that this scholarship is solely for international students who want to study in the United States and only one candidate would be picked.
Eligibility Criteria for the Global Leadership Scholarship
American Students would consider the following students for application:
- International Students from diverse and underrated cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds have overcome various challenges.
- Students who exhibit academic excellence with at least a 3.8 GPA equivalent out of 4.0 (or in the top 10% of the graduating class) are eligible.
- Applicants should show a strong commitment to leadership, and community service, and have an interest in improving the needs of citizens in their home country. If you are an international student, you can apply for this scholarship if you meet the following requirements.
- Applicants should have a Cambridge Assessment English score of 185 or higher, or 95+ TOEFL iBT, or Sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL, or 7.0+ IELTS, 120+ Duolingo, 65 minimum PTE.
- Also, students who are still enrolled in high school and would be graduating by June 2023 would be given preferences.
These are some of the eligibility criteria for the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship. You can learn more about this by visiting the Scholarship Application page with the URL www.american.edu
More Details About the Global Leaders Scholarship
Here are some important details about the scholarship you need to take note of;
- Host Country: The United States of America.
- Host Institution: American University, Washington DC USA.
- Eligible Nationality: All countries except the United States of America.
- Scholarship Duration: Four years of undergraduate studies.
- Degree: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Scholarship Coverage: All expenses including tuition fees.
- Number of Scholarships: Only one applicant would be picked.
- Application Starts: September 1, 2022.
- Application Deadline: December 15, 2022, January 15, 2023, latest.
This scholarship is an opportunity for students who needs a Study visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 visa) to study in the U.S. Although the deadline is fixed for January 15, 2023, it is recommended you complete the application process on the Priority deadline which is on the 15th of December 2022.
How to Apply for the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
Part of the AU Emerging Global Leadership scholarship application would be carried out online. To begin this process, follow the steps below:
- Go to the AU EGL application page with the URL american.edu/admissionsClick on “Future Eagle Portal”.
- On the Sign-Up form, fill in your “Name”, “Email address”, “Date of Birth”, “Phone Type” and your “Country”.
- Provide your “School Information”, “Enrollment Information”, “Account Information” and click on “Create Account”. With this, a future eagle account would be created for you.
When you are logged into your account, you can click on “Apply Online” to access the Special programs offered by the American University. When you apply for any of the special programs, the scholarship process would begin.
Emerging Global Leader Scholarship Application
After you have completed the online application process, you would be required to:
- Upload a Bank letter and the AU Certification of Finances form on the Future Eagles Portal each of which should demonstrate a minimum of $4,000.
- Submit your official TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English, PTE, or Cambridge Assessment English Test Score. This should be done before the application deadline.
- Also submit all the required documents, Common Application or Common Application.
- Provide a letter from your Center’s Adviser confirming your candidacy if you are applying for the scholarship through an EducationUSA-supported program.
- You should also prepare yourself for a Zoom interview and additional essays and this applies only to semifinalists and finalists.
If you are not selected as a finalist for the scholarship, there are chances that you would be considered for admission into the university and earn a partial merit scholarship.