What Happens When You Report A Seller On Facebook Marketplace? Are you having problems with your Facebook Marketplace due to a seller?
Are you inquisitive on how to report a seller on your Facebook marketplace and you’re in the dark? If yes, you’ve come to the right place. That’s the main purpose of this article, to explain to you how to report a scam on the Facebook marketplace, what to do in reporting a seller, what it entails, and its outcomes.
What Happens When you Report a Seller on Facebook Marketplace
Facebook marketplace is an online platform where you can buy and sell items, i.e. products to enlarge your business and also make it more visible. This feature is only accessible to only those who have accounts on the platform.
Scam on Facebook Marketplace
As a buyer, you can have difficulties getting your goods. This can be a result of you being scammed. Also, the item you received may not be properly listed by the seller.
If you feel you’ve been scammed, you can report a seller on your Facebook buying and selling marketplace. To learn how to do this, keep on reading.
How to Report a Scam on Facebook Marketplace
Now, you must know that there’s a provision laid down for you to report a seller. It’s not hard and can be done on the Facebook marketplace, it basically entails you doing these two things. They are given below:
- Login to your Facebook account and click on the marketplace icon from your newsfeed on your display screen.
- Next click on a listing from the seller that you want to report.
- Click on the name of the seller and select the three-dotted icon.
- Select report seller and follow the on-screen instructions.
How to Report a Seller who has Blocked you on Facebook Marketplace
In some cases, the seller may have blocked you after collecting payments. With this, you would not be able to view the profile of the seller.
To report this seller, you need to ask a friend with an account to report the content using the Find support or report link near the post, photo, or comment on Facebook. All your friend needs to do is locate the account of the seller and report the post
For your report to be well-reviewed, provide enough concrete details, including links and screenshots of the content you’re reporting.
What is the Resulting Consequence of Reporting a Seller on your Facebook Marketplace?
If you’ve been thinking about how the case may go. If you’re going to be on the losing or winning end, it’s very simple. I am going to tell you what will happen when you report a seller on the grounds of trademark infringement, scamming, and fraudulent activities. Follow ardently as I walk you through it below.
- The first thing Facebook marketplace will do is not to jump to conclusions but to examine the situation and hand and see if it’s worth it.
- You will be asked to give solid and analytical reasons why you think the seller has to be reported, like not delivering goods on time, using a fake account, taking money without delivering, and so on.
- Then, if your claims are true and cogent, the seller will be notified and the seller’s account will be blocked, and won’t be able to login to his/her Facebook marketplace account, or be deleted.
- You will be taught how to avoid such problems and identify one by Facebook Marketplace personnel and the help center.
Generally, when you report a seller on Facebook, they may be suspended but only if they are found guilty of breaching the platform’s commerce policies. Buyers who also file fraudulent claims are also subjected to consequences as outlined in Facebook’s purchase protection policies.
Is Reporting a Seller On Facebook Marketplace Anonymous?
Now, when you report a seller on the Facebook marketplace, will they be notified that you’re the one? Don’t be perplexed, the Facebook marketplace keeps you secured your name. And, also, personal details will be kept completely secret as they reach out to the person involved or responsible.
However, you must realize that reporting a seller on the Facebook marketplace does not lead to automatic removal. The seller will also be asked to prove evidentially the points leveled against him/her.
Haven understood all you need to do to report a seller in the Facebook marketplace. And how to go about it and the overall consequence of what will happen. Why don’t you take advantage of the provided platform if you think you’ve been scammed by a seller and enjoy the Facebook marketplace to the maximum?
Scam on Facebook Marketplace and How to Avoid Them
Here are some tips that would keep you from being scammed on the marketplace:
- Review the profile of the seller carefully before buying.
- Make use of a safe and secure payment method.
- Sometimes, you have to insist on inspecting the product physically in a public place before making payments.
- Make sure you have evidence of the transactions in case of any display of funny behaviors from the seller.
- Read the ratings of other users.
These are some helpful tips to avoid being scammed on the platform.
Facebook Marketplace Rules
Lastly, there are rules you should observe as a buyer or seller in the marketplace. To be able to access this service, you should not:
- Violate Facebook community standards by selling fake items.
- Promote or sell alcohol, weapons, and hard drugs.
- Sell digital content, downloadable digital subscriptions, digital content, digital accounts, or devices.
- Sales of services are not allowed.
- The selling of animals or animal parts is prohibited in this marketplace.
- Stolen items and products should not be sold
- Sell an item or service that has been stolen.
As a vendor on this platform, violating third-party rights is a serious offense and you can get blocked from using this platform for it.
Check This Out:
- How to Avoid a Personal Loan Scam
- PayPal Customer Service Email – How to Contact PayPal by Email | How to Report a Scammer to PayPal
- T-Mobile Claims they Blocked over 21 billion Scam Calls in 2021
- How to Stay Out of Debt – Tips on Paying your Debts and Staying Dept Free
- What Happens If You Default On a Private Student Loan