What Happens When You Accept an Offer on Facebook Marketplace? This is one question that comes to the mind of sellers when they accept an offer made by a buyer.
This article would explain everything you need to know about this question and you would also get to know more about the Facebook marketplace. So, keep on reading.
What Happens When You Accept an Offer on Facebook Marketplace
You must understand that there are procedures and processes for you to be able to accept an offer made by a seller. A seller lets buyers know that they are willing to consider a lower offering price on an item by using the “allow offers”. When you accept an offer on the marketplace, the following happens:
- You will receive a notification on your email, Discogs inbox, on top of the order page that there is a pending offer for you as a buyer.
- You will only be given 5 days to “accept” or “decline” the offer made
If the offer is accepted, it will be converted to an order at the accepted offer price, and then purchase confirmations or receive orders can be settled as with a normal order.
However, if it is declined or not quickly responded to. The person who sent the offer will be sent an automated message just to inform the seller. With the declined offer disappearing from the seller’s order page.
How to Accept an Offer on Facebook Marketplace
It’s quite easy to carry out this action as a seller. When you receive the notification of an offer from a buyer, you would see the “Accept offer” option which you can tap on.
What is Facebook Marketplace?
Marketplace on Facebook is a service on the platform where users get to buy and sell. Facebook Marketplace has become a large platform where people buy and sell items, and where a variety of products will be laid bare and listed for you
However, there’s always an offer to buy, or purchase a product by a seller, it basically deals with the buyer offering on the listing, so the question is, how do you go about it and what does it entail?
How Does Offer Work on Facebook Marketplace?
It’s very simple, what does an offer entail on the Facebook marketplace? If you know nothing or little about it, it’s all about you showing your desire as a buyer to purchase a product listed by a seller at a lower price. Here, I am going to tell you how to go about it.
When an order is received, you will get notified via email that you have a pending order. Once this offer comes in, you will have five days to accept or decline the offer. Now, if the offer is declined or not responded to, the person who sent the offer will get an automated notification that the offer was not accepted or rather delined.
On the other hand, if you accept the offer, it will be converted to an order at the price of the offer accepted. At this point, the buyer will receive an order/purchase confirmation with a normal order. Afterward, the system will select the cheapest shipping cost available for the item purchased by the buyer.
If you wish to change the shipping cost, quickly do so by tapping on the blue edit button next to the shipping cost before the buyer pays for the item.
How to Make an Offer on Facebook Marketplace
To make an offer on the Facebook marketplace, follow the steps below:
- Right there on your newsfeed, click on Facebook marketplace.
- The next thing for you to do is to click on “make an offer”.
- Then you can enter the amount you desire to offer, afterward click on the “review offer”.
- After reviewing your offer, then you can click on “submit an offer”.
Now, that’s the essence of the Facebook marketplace offer.
Benefits of Accepting an Offer on Facebook Marketplace
There are numerous benefits that accrue to you accepting an offer on Facebook Marketplace, I will buy mention a few of these below:
- It makes you sell your products with ease, without struggle as you will be on the order offer list perpetually.
- It also creates room for expansion and increases communication, and commensalism between the buyer and the seller.
Now that you understand what Facebook Marketplace offer is all about. And what happens when you accept an offer on the Facebook marketplace. It will be imperative for you to make yourself available on the platform if an offer is sent to you.
Facebook Marketplace Rules
There are laid out rules that sellers and buyers need to follow on this platform. They include:
- Healthcare-related items such as Thermometers and first aid kits can’t be sold in the marketplace.
- The photos of the item must match the description and title of the listing.
- You can’t sell services on the marketplace.
- Animal and pets cant be sold on the platform.
- All items sold must be physical products.
If your access to sell on the platform has been blocked, it could be that you have broken any of the rules. To rectify this issue, click on this link- https://www.facebook.com/help/972392066266648 and you would be able to contact the Facebook help center.