Apply for the WFSA Pilot Editorial Fellowship 2023. It’s usually hard getting a paper published, more so is gaining the skills, knowledge, and experience to become an Editor.
The Association of Anaesthetists is inviting Applications for the LMIC-based Editorial Fellowship commencing in September 2023. Two journals of the Association of Anaesthetists; Anaesthesia and Anaesthesia Reports, offers an extension of their established editorial fellowship scheme.
The Fellowship is designed to run for 12-month, providing support to exceptional trainee anaesthetic doctor based in sub-Saharan Africa with a desire to develop their editorial skills.
Details of AFSA Pilot Editorial Fellowship
- Organization: World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists (WFSA)
- Gender: Men and Women
- Duration: 12 Month
- Target: An exceptional trainee anaesthetic doctor based in sub-Saharan Africa
- Status: On going
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2023
Objective and Benefits of WFSA Pilot Editorial Fellowship
- The program is designed to Review and handle one to two manuscripts a week submitted to Anaesthesia and Anaesthesia Reports under direct supervision.
- Fellows will spend four months with three Editors and learn how to construct decision letters and subedit accepted manuscripts for style before publication;
- To carry out a project with supervision from one or more Editors to be presented at a major Association of Anaesthetists international meeting with an aim to submit for publication;
- Fellows will add to an editorial published in one of the journals;
- Participate in at least one Anaesthesia Digested for publication in Anaesthesia News
- Participate in editorial meetings held throughout the year (usually four) remotely
- Participants will be involved with areas of special clinical interest as well as contributing to #TheAnaesthesiaBlog, live broadcasts and podcasts;
- At the conclusion of the Fellowship, Create a report to be submitted to the Editorial Board and the Fellow’s School of Anaesthesia/Deanery as appropriate (journal appraisal).
- Fellows will have the opportunity to gain experience of working across both journals.
- Fellows will be given the sum of £2500 with additional support for data costs and travel (for one in-person meeting per year).
- Successful Candidate will be given membership of the Association of Anaesthetists during this year with associated benefits and training opportunities.
Brief History of World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists (WFSA)
Founded in 1955 with the Secretariat in London, UK, World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists commonly called WFSA, is an international federation of independent national professional associations of anaesthesiologists.
The World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists (WFSA), is the first global alliance of anaesthesiologists, and through a federation of 135 Member Societies, successfully unites anaesthesiologists from 145 countries globally with the aims of improving patient care and access to safe anaesthesia.
WFSA and a Member Society host the World Congress of Anaesthesiologists usually after every four years, with the current meeting being held in Prague in 2021, and the next meeting scheduled for Singapore in 2024.
How to Apply for WFSA Pilot Editorial Fellowship 2023?
- Attach a CV of one-page maximum and copies of medical and anaesthetic qualifications
- Add an outline (300 words) of a project that you wish to undertake with an Editor which should be relevant to the journals, publishing or editorial work more generally [1–3].
- The Fellowship can be extended for a further 12 months if all parties are in agreement.
- Apply via email at: http://[email protected]/
- For more details, visit WFSA website on: https://wfsahq.org/news/latest-news/applications-open-pilot-editorial-fellowship
Eligibility Criteria for WFSA Pilot Editorial Fellowship Qualification
Candidates must the conditions below:
- Only qualified medical doctor with a M.MED degree or equivalent in Anaesthesia can apply
- Candidates must be working in a training position or be within 3 years of starting a substantive (fully trained) position
- Should be based in sub-Saharan Africa
May 31, 2023.
More Related Content
- Jobs For Foreign Trained Lawyers in the USA With Visa Sponsorship – APPLY NOW
- Mercedes-Benz BeVisioneers Fellowship 2023 for Young Innovators – How to Apply!
- Software Developer Jobs with Visa Sponsorship In the USA – APPLY NOW
- Bank Jobs In Canada With Visa Sponsorship – APPLY NOW
- Top Job in Canada that Doesn’t Need Work Permit – How to Apply!