There are different jobs for foreign-trained lawyers in the USA With Visa Sponsorship. In this article, I will be discussing some of the trained lawyer jobs in the USA and how you can apply as a foreigner.
There are requirements, skills, and responsibilities you need to have to be able to gain access to this job in the USA.
Jobs For Foreign Trained Lawyers in the USA
The USA is your home if you are a lawyer, doesn’t matter where you are born. However, working in the US isn’t exactly easy.
You will need an attorney immigration which is an H-1B visa. Furthermore, there are visa sponsors, which means you can be sponsored by any company in the USA. It becomes interesting, right? Of course, it will when it comes to a free visa. Let continue.
Who is a foreign-trained Lawyers
A foreign lawyer is a legal practitioner that has been admitted to practice law in another country.
However, many states in the U.S.A. let foreign-trained attorneys with or without a U.S. LL.M. degree sit for the bar exam combined with other requirements.
- Obtaining a Master of Laws (LLM) If you have your initial law degree from another country
- Three-Year Traditional Juris Doctorate (JD) Program.
- Two-Year Accelerated JD Program.
- Ability to manage work and time.
- Ability to Interview and negotiate.
- Critical thinking
- Necessary to have analytical
- Researching skills
- Good communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Draft Legal Documents experience
- Foundational knowledge of Draft Motions
- Personal injury plaintiffs’ experience
- You will have direct responsibility for interacting with clients
- Resenting clients in court and in administrative forums
- They counsel and represent individuals
- They offer an outstanding training regimen with in-office, program-wide, and multi-state training support.
- Legal research and drafting of a wide range of legal documents
- Researching law on an international level
- Correspond with clients and opposing counsel
There are lots of benefits attached to these foreign-trained lawyer jobs in the USA, below are some of them:
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Pension plan
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Tuition assistance
- Disability insurance
10 Best Jobs for Foreign Trained Lawyers in the USA With Salary
There are countless foreign lawyer jobs in the USA with different duties, skills, and experience. Below are some of them so far:
Family Law Attorney
Base salary: $110,000/yr. – $160,000/yr.
Family lawyers emphasize issues that have an impact on families. They deal with matters such as divorce proceedings, adoptions, and child custody. However, Common tasks include drafting custody agreements, wills, prenuptial agreements, and other documents.
Business Litigation Attorney
Salary – Starting at $135K
Business litigation law involves disputes arising out of business and commercial related transactions of a non-criminal nature. Common tasks include conducting depositions and fully and effectively utilizing available technology. In addition, they draft substantive pleadings, motions, briefs, discovery, and other necessary legal documents.
Salary: $70,103 – $91,131 a year
The lawyer adviser offers legal advice, performs legal research, prepares legal documentation, and provides policy recommendations. However, they perform negotiation and informal dispute resolution.
The average salary for an Associate Attorney is $87092 per year in the United States.
Associate attorneys typically work for law firms or private practices. They work primarily in an office setting where they research and prepare cases. They may also travel to meet with clients in hospitals, prisons, and clients’ homes, and appear in court to represent and defend their clients.
Base salary: $68,000/yr. – $83,000/yr.
They research, analyze, and write about complex legal issues. Duties and responsibilities of all staff attorney jobs include legal research and support to the partners in a law firm.
Injury Litigation Attorney
Base salary: $120,000/yr. – $150,000/yr.
A personal injury lawyer is a lawyer who provides legal services to those who claim to have been injured, physically or psychologically, as a result of the negligence of another person, company, government agency, or entity.
An in-house lawyer must ensure that every necessary statutory provision is complied with and that those in a deficit of compliance are corrected as soon as he is aware of such a situation.
Associate Attorney Criminal Law
Base salary: $60,000/yr. – $70,000/yr.
Associate attorney of criminal law manages a criminal caseload in the Tampa Bay Area and beyond, attends court hearings, and maintains client relationships.
Deputy City Attorney
Base salary: $116,714/yr. – $169,128/yr.
A Deputy City Attorney performs a wide range of professional legal services and provides legal advice to assigned city departments and programs. However, their common tasks include drafting ordinances, resolutions, contracts, and other legal documents.
A bankruptcy lawyer concentrates on giving legal advice to a client about bankruptcy, prepares legal documents for the client, and represents the client in court.
Salary of Foreign-trained Lawyer in the USA
The salary range for an International Lawyer job is from $129,434 to $169,236 per year in the United States. As of Jan 31, 2023, the average annual pay for an International Lawyer in the United States is $88,116 a year.
Where to Apply for Foreign-trained lawyer Job in the USA
Online is the most comfortable and easy place to apply for a foreign-trained lawyer job in the USA. However, there are different jobs website online you can visit to apply, but not all are reliable. So, am going to be listing out the most reliable jobs site to visit and a direct link to make your search easy. Here are some of them:
- Linkedln.com, etc.
There are many other online job sites to visit, but the list above is the most reliable.
How to Apply for Jobs as Foreign-Trained Lawyers in the USA
If you have applied once, all you need is your email and password, but if it is your first time, you will have to create an account online, and submit your resume, and other documents.
- Get a smartphone with a strong network connection
- Visit any of the job’s websites
- Click on the search bar and type in the job and location in the USA you wish to work
- Then click on it, and you will see apply button on top
- Click on it and follow the onscreen process.
You will be asked to come for the interview question, once your application is complete.
Interview Question For Foreign-Trained Lawyers Job in the USA
- Why do you want to practice law? This question allows you to talk about what attracted you to the legal field.
- What are your strengths as a lawyer?
- What do you want your clients to know about you?
- Describe your approach in the courtroom.
- Intricate on a situation where you were unsuccessful and how you handled it.
- What aspect of the daily job of being a lawyer interest you the most?
Visa Required for a foreign-trained lawyer in the USA
The H-1B visa is used by many industries to hire university-educated professionals like lawyers. However, this visa is a non-immigrant visa that let U.S.A employers hire highly skilled foreign workers. They take responsibility for obtaining those falls entirely on your potential employer.
The O-1 Extraordinary Ability Visa can also let attorneys who demonstrate they have extraordinary ability enter the US.
How Can I Work As A Foreign Lawyer In The USA?
To work as a foreign lawyer in the USA, you must earn a J.D. at an ABA-approved law school. However, some state offer accelerated J.D. degrees for foreign-trained lawyers to get them to the point of the bar exam.
Do Us Law Firms Hire Foreign Lawyers?
Lawyers from foreign jurisdictions seeking to join a firm in the United States have the responsibility to prove that their experience is compatible with American practice.
What Can I Do With A Foreign Law Degree In The US?
Foreign-trained lawyers can sit for the bar and practice in any state after earning a two-year J.D. degree from a U.S. university.
How Much Do International Lawyers Make In The US?
The salary range for an International Lawyer job is from $129,434 to $169,236 per year in the United States.
More Related Content
- Software Developer Jobs with Visa Sponsorship In the USA – APPLY NOW
- Bank Jobs for Foreigners in Canada – APPLY NOW
- Bank Jobs In Canada With Visa Sponsorship – APPLY NOW
- Jobs in Electrical Engineering in USA Offering Visa Sponsorship – APPLY NOW
- Kindergarten Teacher Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship – APPLY NOW!