The University of Southern California (USC) holds the distinction of being California’s oldest private research university. Today, however, what draws students to the school are its world-class education, attractive campus, and lovely Los Angeles location.
USC is consistently ranked among the top 30 national colleges, with some of its programs considered to be among the best in the country. For example, USC and NYU frequently compete as the finest schools for film students, and USC’s location offers it an advantage over most top-tier universities in this discipline.
University of Southern California (USC) Acceptance Rate
USC received 80,790 applications for the entering Class of 2027, with 8,032 students receiving admission offers for the academic year 2023-24.
This equates to a 9.9% acceptance rate. Unlike some other universities, USC does not provide an Early Decision application option. For this application cycle, however, the institution added an Early Action (EA) option for most majors.
This year, the University received 17% more applications than in the previous year for the 2022 admission cycle. This year, around 12,000 more students applied to USC than in 2022, and 10,000 more than the previous year’s record.
About the University Of Southern California
Southern California Institution (USC, SC, Southern Cal[a], or SoCal) is a private research institution in Los Angeles, California. It is California’s oldest private research institution, founded in 1880 by Robert Maclay Widney.
The university has one liberal arts school, the Dornsife College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences, and 22 undergraduate, graduate, and professional schools, with around 21,000 undergraduate and 28,500 post-graduate students from all 50 states and Over 115 countries enrolled. It is a member of the Association of American Universities, which it joined in 1969, and one of America’s wealthiest academic institutions.
USC Acceptance Rate 2023
The number of candidates increased by 17% over the previous year, reaching an all-time high. The increased number of applications reduced USC’s fall admission rate to 9.9%, the lowest it has ever been.
This year’s class is extremely diversified. A third are from a racial or ethnic minority that has historically been underrepresented in higher education in the United States. The proportion of Black students admitted — 13% — has never been higher. Almost one-quarter of accepted students are the first in their family to attend college.
USC Early Action Acceptance Rate
During the Early Action phase, 55% of students who were admitted got their acceptance notifications. Over 40,600 students applied for the Early Action round, resulting in a surprisingly low Early Action acceptance percentage of 6% at USC.
USC SAT scores, ACT scores, GPA, and Class Rank
SAT: The average SAT score of USC ranges between 1410-1540
ACT: USC ACT score ranges between 32-33.
GPA: The recommended GPA for admission to USC is between 3.75 and 4.0.
Class Rank: 80% of them were in the top 10% of their high school class, and 95% were in the top 25%.
USC Admission Requirements and Rating
The institution evaluates each application thoroughly, concentrating particularly on the following factors.
Highly Important Factors
- The rigor of the high school curriculum
- A very strong GGP
- Standardized test scores(SAT and ACT)
- Well written Essays
- Letters of recommendation.
- Extracurricular activities
- Specialized talents or abilities
- Personal character traits.
- Encompass first-generation
- Status, legacy connections
- Racial or ethnic background,
- Volunteer contributions,
- Paid employment.
University Of Southern California- Application Process
- The application process is easy, just ensure that you follow the procedures and also meet the conditions stated before applying
- To commence your Application Process, , click on the link below https://admission.usc.edu/prospective-students/how-to-apply/
- For further information visit https://www.usc.edu/
More Related Content
- USC Ranking – University of Southern California Admission and Acceptance Rate
- USC Graduate Programs – University of Southern California GPA Requirements
- USC Campus – University of Southern California Rank and Admission Details
- University of Southern California: What GPA do you need to get into USC?
- USC – University of Southern California Admission Rate and Everything You Need to Know