The University of Ghana through the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, School of Public Health, invites eligible candidates to apply for a scholarship and pursue a full-time postgraduate program.
The University of Ghana Postgraduate scholarship is funded by TDR, the UNICEF, UNDP, World Bank, and WHO. The program is aimed at Research and Training in Tropical Diseases.
The University of Ghana Postgraduate scholarship is open to applicants from developing countries (low and middle income countries) of the WHO African Region. The Scholarships program is for 2022/2023 academic session.
The program is for a year Program in Public Health, leading to an MPH degree or MSc. in Applied Health Social Science.
Summary of University of Ghana Masters Scholarships
- Type of program: Postgraduate
- Organization: University of Ghana
- Country: Ghana
- Institution: University of Ghana
- Course to study Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 9, 2022
About University of Ghana
The University of Ghana also known as a premier university, is currently the largest university in Ghana. The University was established as the College of the Gold Coast by Ordinance in 1948.
It was established for the purpose of providing and promoting university education, learning and research.
There are lot of research institutions and centers for learning and research at the University of Ghana, including Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIR), Centre for Tropical, Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Regional Institute for Population Studies, Institute for Environmental and Sanitation Studies, and the Institute for Statistics.
Benefits of University of Ghana Masters Scholarships 2022
The University of Ghana Master’s Scholarship covers the following:
- A one round-trip economy airfare between the student’s home country and Accra, Ghana;
- Coverage for tuition and academic fees;
- Coverage for the basic medical and accident insurance;
- Recipients will be paid a Monthly stipend to cover living expenses like accommodation
- Research support for project/thesis expenses during data collection.
How to Apply for the University of Ghana Master’s Scholarship 2022
To be considered for the University of Ghana Master’s Scholarship, kindly follow the brief steps below:
- Visit the webpage and read more about the application requirement processes, after which you click on “APPLY NOW” when you are ready to begin the process. https://admission.ug.edu.gh/applying/postgraduate/how-apply-graduate-programmes
- The next step is to Choose the appropriate option (either “GHANAIAN APPLICANT” or “INTERNATIONAL APPLICANT”,
- Then Create an account and login to commence the application process. But ensure that you select either Master of Public Health or Msc. Applied Health Social Science.
- After completing the first two steps, click on the link below (https://apply.ug.edu.gh/admissions/tdr to Create an account and apply for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research (2022 academic year). You will need to Select either Master of Public Health or Msc. Applied Health Social Science.
- Carefully Complete all fields and upload the required documents before submitting.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Ghana Master’s Scholarships
The university of Ghana scholarship program is targeted towards students from developing countries. But, certain requirements must be met for an applicant to be eligible. They’re stated below;
- Applicants must be resident in and nationals of a low- or middle-income country (as defined by the World Bank) in the WHO African Region;
- The Applicant should be below 35 years old at the time of application;
- He/She must meet the standard University of Ghana admission requirements for international or local graduate students
- Candidates must have interest in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty;
- English proficiency is a major requirement
- Show proof of ability to obtain study leave from employment before commencement of the program; and
- Applicants is required to consent to meet health requirements in line with regulations of the Government of Ghana and the University of Ghana.
The application deadline date for the University of Ghana Scholarship is September 9, 2022. Please note that late submission of application will result to a decline of the application.
- Acura Will Show an Electric Vehicle Concept during Monterey Car Week
- Xiaomi Unveils a Super Slim Foldable Phone Called the Mix Fold 2
- The Latest iOS 16 Beta Update Is Set To Bring Back a Much Missed…
- Release Date of Game of Thrones ‘House of the Dragon’
- What Are Excess Reserves – Can Banks Lend Out Excess Reserves?
- Splatoon 3 Confirms Another Major Change to its Best Modes