Applications are currently ongoing for the United Nations World Food Program (WFP) 2022 – Digital Health Innovation Accelerator Programme (DHIAP) 2022.
The United Nations World food program (WFP) is considered to be the largest humanitarian organization focused on hunger and food security and in fact the largest provider of school meals.
Also Read: OnePlus Nord 3 Reportedly On Its Way alongside a Host of Other Nord Gadgets
United Nations World Food Program (WFP) 2022
The World food program – Digital Health Innovation Accelerator of the United Nations seeks, promotes, and scales innovative new ideas to end world hunger and accomplish the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Digital Health Innovation Accelerator Programme (DHIAP) is searching for open, standards-based, scalable digital solutions that may be used to produce commodities for the world at large.
The Building and strengthening of pandemic preparation skills, accelerating demand-driven vaccine delivery, and hastening the recovery of communities and health systems in Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, Sierra Leone, and Togo must be the focus of the DHIAP solutions.
DHIAP will choose established solution providers and start-ups with a presence in any of the target nations. In the course of the six-month WFP Sprint Program, these innovators will get assistance from the WFP Innovation Accelerator and other partners in the form of financial, technical, and methodological support.
Also Read: Google Is Now Working On Bringing an Important Missing Feature to Wear OS
About the UN World Food Program (WFP)
The World Food Program (WFP) is a branch of the United Nations that is designed for food assistance. WFP was established in 1961 and is Currently, the world’s largest humanitarian organization focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. It has its headquarters in Rome and has offices in about 80 countries.
Summary of the World Food Program (WFP)
- Organization: World Food Program (WFP)
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 11, 2022
Aim and Benefits of the World Food Program (WFP)
- All Successfully selected ventures will receive an invitation to participate in a fully virtual WFP Innovation Bootcamp in November 2022.
- Ventures will also be invited to apply to the World Food Program Sprint activities – a six-month acceleration program with access to up to $250,000 in equity-free funding, and a global network of coaching support from relevant partners in the public health space.
- The benefits of receiving Mature solutions that have proven their concept, scale, and value for social impact may qualify for further funding and support.
Also Read: Ubisoft+ Finally May Soon Arrive On Xbox Series X
How to Apply For the World Food Program (WFP)
- To apply for the World Food Program DHIAP 2022, Visit WFP on airtable.com
- You can visit the official webpage of WFP for more details: https://innovation.wfp.org/digital-health-innovation-accelerator-program
Requirements for the World Food Program (WFP)
- The applicant’s organization must be an established legal entity (for-profit, non for profit, social enterprise) for at least 2 years.
- The solutions presented should demonstrate adherence to the principles for digital development.
- The solutions being proposed should work towards creating a digital public global good that is, follow open standards, open-source or open data approaches
- The implemented solution should use data and information exchange mechanisms based on a global standard
- Applicants must also ensure that the solutions are interoperable with other existing systems, including, but not limited to national health management information systems.
- The organization of the applicant must already have a presence in the country of implementation (country office or other permanent presence, subsidiary, long-term operations, or partnerships in the country.
- The Applicant’s innovation should address one or more of the specified priority country-specific topics, or, if not, it can still contribute towards building and supporting pandemic preparedness capabilities in the aforementioned countries.
- Innovations must demonstrate evidence of concept with initial traction and a clear path to scale (capacity to be adapted, expanded, replicated, or scaled).
- Lastly, the solution presented should be able to demonstrate the inclusion of, or focus on, supporting or increasing access for: women, marginalized or underserved communities, mobile populations, people with disabilities, and high-risk groups vulnerable to COVID-19.
Also Read: UNESCO Granada International Writers in Residence Program 2022 – Apply Now!
Selection Criteria for World Food Program (WFP)
All the submitted Applications will be evaluated with the following criteria in consideration:
- Impact & Scalability: Applicants is expected to have a defined vision, an identified target group, and be able to demonstrate the potential to solve the posed challenge(s).
- Team: The ability of an applicant to show a diverse, non-discriminatory, gender-balanced organization with demonstrated leadership and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Novelty: The Applicants are expected to show how their solution and business model are innovative while being technically suitable and viable.
- Traction: Ability to present evidence of feasibility and adoption by the target group.
- Business Model: The demonstration of business model viability and how to achieve a sustainable business, pricing, and financial model.
The last date to apply for the WFP DHIAP is September 11, 2022.
Also Read: Secure.Bankofamerica.com Bank of America Register or Login