Good news! Applications for the prestigious United Nations Regional Course in International Law 2023 for Africa Scholars are now open. Amazingly, the application deadline has been extended to 7 November 2022.
The United Nations Regional Course in International Law for Africa Scholars is an annual program organized by the office of the United Nations Office for Legal Affairs in partnership with Ethiopia, the African Union (AU), and the UN Economic Commission for Africa.
This year, the Regional Course will be held in person at the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) facilities in Addis Ababa, from 20 February to 14 March 2023 and will be conducted in English.
Please note that the course will accommodate up to 30 participants, including a limited number of spaces for self-funded participants.
Summary of the United Nations Regional Course in International Law for African Scholars
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: The United Nations
- Country: Ethiopia
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: November 7, 2022
About United Nations – Regional Course in International Law
The Course offers high-quality training by leading scholars and practitioners on varieties of core subjects of international law, as well as specific subjects of particular interest to the countries in a given region.
Additionally, the training will be interactive to allow the participants to share experiences and exchange ideas, which promotes greater understanding and cooperation on legal matters in the region.
The program is aimed at enabling Qualified government officials and teachers of international law from developing countries and countries, to deepen their knowledge of international law and United Nations legal activities.
Benefits of the United Nations Regional Course in International Law
- The Regional Course program covers the fellowship cost: Recipient’s travel in economy class, Accommodation, Meals, Medical insurance, participation in the Regional Course and training materials.
- Stipend to cover costs for living expenses.
- Eligible candidates may be allowed to apply for self-funded positions. However, all Self-funded participants bear all costs associated with their participation including Training materials and lunches.
How to Apply for United Nations Regional Course in International Law for Africa Scholars 2023?
To apply, You must Download and complete the Application Form correctly: https://legal.un.org/poa/rcil/documents/application_form_rcil_africa_2023.docx
Criteria for the United Nations Regional Course in International Law Qualification
To be eligible for the Regional Course, candidates must meet the following Criteria:
- The ideal Candidate is expected to have a legal background and a professional experience in international law.
- Candidates will have to submit a medical certificate of good health and certify that they can attend the entire course.
- Good command of spoken and written English is also required to be eligible for the Regional Course program
- Preference will be given to the candidates’ qualifications, the scope of their professional duties, the relevance of the training to their professional duties, and gender balance.
- Female Applications are strongly encouraged.
- Candidates who are already residents or present in Addis Ababa will receive due consideration
November 7, 2022
- 10 Reasons to Learn Data Science – Where Can You Work as a Data…
- 8 Easiest Steps to an Organized Financial Life
- 20 Best Restaurant Apps that can get You Free Food
- Capital AudioFest 2022 – When is the Capital Audiofest Event?
- What is Google Stack & How to Use it
- When Can You Apply For A Credit Card After Bankruptcy?
- How to Update Apps in Windows 11
- Procter and Gamble (P&G) Graduate Internship Program 2022