5 Mobile App Development Trends For 2023 That You Can’t Ignore
Come 2023, there are going to be lots of developments in the building of mobile apps. This article will contain some of the trends we should expect in the year 2023.
The Outlook and Popularity of Apps
The Paw Research in the United States reported that a whopping 85% of Americans had smartphones in the year 2021. This is a significant increase from the figure of 2011, 35%.
The same study showed that a majority of the population of the United States owned laptops or computers while almost half of the population owned tablets.
Furthermore, The United States noticed a sharp increase in the download of mobile apps from 141 billion downloads in the year 2016 to 230 billion downloads in the year 2021.
However, the projection made was that there will be a further increase in the Usage of mobile applications in the United States to 650 billion by the year 2025.
Despite the increase in the popularity of mobile apps, the industry continues to evolve. Some of these evolvements projected to come in the year 2023 are given below;
Mobile App Trends You Should Take Advantage of In 2023
Some of the most expected trends of the year 2023 in mobile app development are;
There are lots of technological advancements expected in the year 2023. However, 5G is one of the greatest of these expectations. It is an emerging wireless communication technology that is set to enhance user experience with data download speed as fast as 50 megabytes per second.
Imagine having an internet connection that fast allowing you to do anything from downloading a movie with very fast speed to transferring multimedia files within milliseconds.
How 5G will Influence Technological Impact on Mobile Applications
5G will impact mobile applications in the following ways in the year 2023;
- It will improve download speed by as much as 400% and provide a 50% increase in upload speed.
- With 5G, more mobile applications will become more seamless
- Just the same way 5G has paved the way for video streaming and other high bandwidth applications on mobile devices, 5G will make downloads of videos and other media-rich content faster.
- 5G will become the Global standard within the next ten years. it will pave the way for augmented reality and virtual reality.
Another trend that will be embraced by many businesses in the year 2023 is artificial intelligence. Many businesses will increase their dependence on Artificial intelligence in their mobile app development.
With More reliance on artificial intelligence, there will be more advanced features of mobile applications. Also, the present features will be more effective.
How AI will Impact Mobile App Development
Here are the major ways in which AI will impact mobile app development;
- With AI, mobile app developers will write more sophisticated and realistic chatbots.
- Chatbots will become more increasingly advanced with the Usage of more standard voice recognition.
- It will make a huge impact on traditional human tasks such as answering phone calls and taking down orders in restaurants.
- With the Usage of chatbots, businesses will become easier to manage.
Blockchain in Apps
With the usage of Blockchain technology, we have a decentralized transparent, database that can store the information of users without relying on centralized servers. With the usage of Blockchain in app development, users can have control over the information that they can share with apps and who gets access to this information.
How Blockchain will Impact App Development
Blockchain will impact app development in the following ways;
- Blockchain technology can bring a better view of apps as blockchain-based distributed ledgers create platforms that can offer secure systems of record.
- Blockchain will enable transactions between users and mobile applications
- With Blockchain, smart contracts can automate processes. Meaning that with such a contract, your app can take care of many functions without the need for any human.
- It will reduce cost and create less room for errors
- It will ensure that each party is compliant with all the rules and regulations while establishing enforceable standards through regulatory compliance checks on certain aspects like taxation, customs, and much more.
Voice-first interfaces and conversational UIs
These are the major trends that will show up and increase in the next 5 years. Users of applications are increasingly going online with voice commands through the usage is smart speakers such as Amazon, Alexa, and Google Home.
With the usage of artificial intelligence, chatbots can also be incorporated into mobile applications. These UIs allow users to have dialogues with applications without having to enter them by hand or by speaking loud.
How voice-first interfaces Will help mobile apps
With the usage of this, it will be easier to use apps without being Glued to a screen. here are some of its advantages;
- With these developments, users will complete tasks with ease while doing other activities.
- Disabled users or users with limited mobility can interact with their mobile applications
- There is no need for manual input or data entry on the phone. This means that users will not need to type anything in when they are not on their devices.
- The interface is so intuitive and easy to learn and creates a more personalized experience for every user.
- These features also provide more real estate on display since all you need here is text and speech bubbles and pictures
Edge computing is one technology that is expected to trend in the year 2023. Instead of sending data back and forth between the server and the user in real-time as we do now, edge computing sends data only when needed.
A wide range of devices such as cameras, phones, watches, and PCs can act as sensors on the edge of networks. These are equipped with software that accesses what they are sensing. The findings of these devices are now communicated to an artificial intelligence engine in the cloud.
How Edge Computing will Impact Mobile App Development
With Edge computing, the following developments will be made;
- Edge computing will make it easier and cheaper to extend the capabilities of existing mobile applications.
- Developers can use edge computing technology to tap into law latency connectivity and move data through the internet faster than normal.
- Improved user experience, security, privacy, and greater reliability.
- With Edge computing, developers can meet up with the current standards by reducing latency from milliseconds to seconds
- It is very critical when high-speed internet is not available.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Apps?
By apps, we refer to both mobile apps and desktop apps. An application is a type of software that you can download and install to your pc, smartphone, tablet or laptop. They are usually designed for specific functions i.e. gaming apps are created for gaming functions.
What are Some of the Most Popular Apps being used today?
According to RisklQ, there were 8.9 million apps in the year 2020. some of the most famous apps of these times are;
- Among Us
- Subway Surfers
What are the Commonly Used Programs for App Development?
The software you should use will depend on the kind of app you are building and the features of this app such as mobile payments and AR. some of the most commonly used apps development software are;
- Zoho Creator
- Appy Pie
What are 5 Characteristics that make a Good App?
A good mobile app must combine great design, functionality, business needs with long term objectives. Here are some characteristics you should look out for;
- Well-designed UI.
- Fast loading time.
- Strong data protection.
- Excellent user support
What are the Tools Used to Develop Apps?
To build an app, you will require good knowledge of programming and various programming languages such as python and C++.