The United Nation’s SDGs Advocates Programme 2023, is inviting eligible Nigeria Youth for the cohort 4 edition of the program. The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a set of 17 global goals aimed at addressing various social, economic, and environmental challenges faced by countries worldwide.
To effectively promote and achieve these goals in Nigeria, the UN SDSN (Sustainable Development Solutions Network) has initiated the SDGs Advocate Programme. This 3-month intensive training and advocacy program targets Nigerian youths, providing them with the necessary knowledge and skills to become champions of sustainable development across the nation.
SDGs Advocate Programme Overview
The SDGs Advocate Programme is specifically designed for young individuals between the ages of 18 and 35 years. Through this program, participants gain access to over 20 lectures, original readings, and comprehensive assessments that deepen their understanding of the SDGs.
The program aims to foster a community of exceptional leaders who will actively advocate for the SDGs at the grassroots level. The primary goal of this initiative is to promote active youth participation in driving sustainable development across all 36 states of Nigeria.
To participate in the SDGs Advocate Programme, interested individuals must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens within the age range of 18 to 35 years.
- Participants must commit at least 4 hours per week throughout the 3-month program duration.
- The program involves virtual training sessions, so applicants must have access to the necessary technology and internet connectivity.
- The program seeks individuals who are genuinely interested in being agents of development and transformation in their communities.
- Applicants do not necessarily need to be acquainted with the SDGs 2030; enthusiasm and willingness to learn are essential.
Application Process for UN SDGs Advocates Programme 2023
If you meet the eligibility criteria and wish to become a part of Nigeria’s SDGs Advocate Programme, follow the application process below:
- Visit the SDSN website at docs.google.com/forms to access the application form.
- Enter your email address to proceed with your application
- Submit the form by the specified deadline: August 7, 2023.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified and onboarded for the program, which commences on August 11, 2023.
Benefits of Participating in the SDGs Advocate Programme
The SDGs Advocate Programme offers numerous benefits to its participants, including:
- Participants get the chance to collaborate with global change-makers and like-minded individuals, expanding their network and influence.
- As SDG Advocates, participants gain recognition for their efforts in driving sustainable development, making a positive impact on a global scale.
- The program fosters leadership skills and personal development, empowering young individuals to become effective agents of change.
- Participants acquire the knowledge and expertise to localize global solutions and implement them effectively in their communities.
- Successful completion of the program leads to certification and potential awards, enhancing participants’ credibility and impact.
Is there a cost to participate in the SDGs Advocate Programme?
No, the program is free of charge for selected participants.
What is the duration of the training and advocacy program?
The SDGs Advocate Programme lasts for 3 months, starting from August 11, 2023.
Can individuals outside the age range of 18-35 years apply for the program?
Unfortunately, the program is specifically designed for individuals aged 18-35 years.
Is prior knowledge of the SDGs required for application?
No, prior knowledge of the SDGs is not a requirement. The program is open to enthusiastic learners.
More Related Content
- University Of Bonn SDG Fellowships For Developing Countries 2022 | How to Apply Now
- Bonn SDG Fellowship Program 2023 for African Students – Apply Now
- Melton Foundation SDG Innovation Challenge 2022 – APPLY NOW!
- UN Volunteers 2022 Application – United Nations Global Opportunity
- Elon Musk Criticized After Space Complaint by China to UN