The Temasek Foundation Livability Challenge seeks to promote innovation and sustainability. Temasek Foundation International is a non-profit under Temasek Holdings and has been a stalwart supporter of social and cultural initiatives since 1974.
The foundation has about 17 endowments and showcases its commitment to positive change through its focus on education and aid in Asia.
As we anticipate the seventh edition of the Temasek Foundation Livability Challenge in 2024, this article will explore the intricacies of this global platform that seeks to accelerate transformative solutions for 21st-century urban complexities.
The Temasek Foundation Liveability Challenge – Details
This Challenge is a collaborative effort of the Temasek Foundation and Eco-Business, the challenge has subsequently emerged as Asia’s most significant sustainability prize. With five successful editions held, the upcoming challenge promises to be a pivotal event in Singapore’s sustainability calendar.
There are two main featured themes for the seventh edition of The Liveability Challenge, these include Climate Change and Food and Nutrition. Let’s discuss each of the themes briefly.
- Climate Change: They seek for;
- Disruptive solutions for carbon capture and utilization.
- Cost-effective renewable energy innovations.
- Adaptive measures to protect ecosystems and societies.
- Food & Nutrition: They’re looking for:
- Urban, circular food production systems in agriculture, aquaculture, and alternative nutrition.
- Maximizing production efficiency while minimizing resource requirements.
Benefits of Participating in the Liveability Challenge
The winner in each category (Climate change and Food & Nutrition), receives a substantial S$1 million grant. This reflects the foundation’s dedication to driving impactful change.
Eligibility Criteria for Temasek Foundation Livability Challenge
- The provided solution must be commercially viable and must be able to scalable in a dense urban environment
- Can conduct the pilot in Singapore
The solution provided;
- The Prospective solution should convert carbon emissions into useful products
- Must generate cost-effective energy from renewable sources, these include hydrogen, wind, and tidal energy
- Lead to a reduction in the carbon emissions produced by industries and buildings (cooling systems)
- The solution should reduce the negative impact of climate change
- Building climate-resilient communities with sustainable business models.
Food & Nutrition Challenge:
- Maximizing production yield while minimizing resource requirements and waste outputs.
- Extending the shelf life of perishable food without compromising safety.
- Enhancing the quality of essential nutrients in foods.
How to Apply for Temasek Foundation Livability Challenge 2024?
Do you possess innovative solutions? If yes, kindly visit the application page of the Temasek Foundation at https://www.theliveabilitychallenge.org/participate#submit-application to apply.
Visit the official website below for more details https://www.theliveabilitychallenge.org/participate
February 9, 2024.