The Capital Fellows Programs are prestigious public policy fellowships that provide exceptional opportunities for individuals to gain experience in policy-making and development across all branches of California’s state government.
These programs offer a 10-11 month immersive experience as full-time paid employees, workings in either the Legislative, Executive or Judicial Branch office. Capital Fellows work closely with high-level government officials such as state legislators, senior-level executive staff, and court administrators on various public policy issues and projects. They are given tasks that require significant amounts of responsibility and challenges.
All Capital Fellows are entitled to receive:
- A monthly allowance of $3,253 and medical, dental and vision benefits
- A tax-free one-time moving allowance of $875
- Fully-paid enrollment to earn six graduate units
- Student loan deferment
- After finishing the fellowship successfully, you will be awarded a Graduate Certificate in Applied Policy and Government.
To be considered for the program, applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Have obtained a bachelor’s degree before September 1st of the fellowship year
- Maintain a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher or achieve a GPA of 2.5 or higher in the last 60 (semester) or 90 (quarter) units
- Be at least 20 years old by September 1st of the fellowship year
- Non-U.S. citizens must provide documentation of appropriate immigration status. Please note that the program does not fulfill the requirements for F-1 or J-1 visas, or any work permits that require participation in the E-verify system.
- Applicants should be available for full-time employment from Monday to Friday.
How To Apply For Capital Fellows Program 2024-2025
To complete the application, make sure to include the following materials:
- An online application , which should be filled out and submitted.
- A personal statement and a program or policy statement.
- A comprehensive resume highlighting your qualifications and experiences.
- Transcripts from all the colleges and universities you have previously attended.
- Three letters of endorsement from people who can verify your skills and capabilities.
For further details visit Capital Fellows Program Official website.
- The deadline to submit applications is December 4, 2023, at 11:59 pm PST.
- Interviews for the Capital Fellows Programs will take place in late February and early March.
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance into the program in late March.
- Program orientation will begin in Sacramento in September/October. (Note that Judicial Fellows start in September, while all other programs start in October.)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does G.P.A. weigh in on your decision of who is accepted?
While your GPA holds significance, it is just one factor that selection committees take into account alongside various others.
Do I have to have my four-year degree at the time I apply?
Absolutely not. All fellowship recipients must have obtained their degree by September 1 of the fellowship year. All incoming fellows must provide proof of completion.
Do you have to be enrolled at Sacramento State in order to apply for a fellowship?
No, individuals who hold a four-year degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting body are eligible to apply.
Are the Capital Fellows required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
Are applicants already pursuing an M.A. degree evaluated on a different basis?
No, as the sole educational requirement for the programs is the successful completion of a bachelor’s degree.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Capital One Shopping – How Capital One Shopping Works
- What Is Startup Capital, and Factors Affecting
- Capital One Business Credit Cards Application Login or Activation @ www.capitalone.com
- Capital Gain Tax Rate – How to calculate Capital Gain Tax Rate
- www.paypal.com/apply8 – PayPal Working Capital Loan Review