Are you a journalist with several years of experience in the media industry, proficient in English, and seeking to enhance your knowledge and understanding of political economy? If so, this opportunity may be just what you’ve been searching for.
The Stigler Center introduced the Journalists program in 2017, aiming to develop future leaders in business reporting. Through this program, journalists from various forms of media worldwide can undergo a truly transformative learning experience. Over a period of approximately 12 weeks, participants will have the opportunity to attend classes, engage in Stigler Center events, collaborate with fellow journalists, and network with esteemed scholars at our Hyde Park campus.
Benefit of Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program
The program offers exclusive seminars, the opportunity to study alongside esteemed faculty members, and the chance to connect with colleagues from around the globe. Here are some specific details:
- Reimbursement for economy-class airfare to and from Chicago, as well as SEVIS and visa application fees.
- A stipend of $14,000 that covers living expenses throughout the 12-week program.
- Training in essential business principles at Chicago Booth.
- Participation in informative seminars and workshops both at the Chicago Booth and other departments within the university.
- The chance to contribute to the ProMarket publication through writing.
- Collaborative opportunities with faculty, students, and other participants of the program at Booth.
- Access to designated study space.
- Upon the successful completion of the program, you will be awarded a certificate of participation.
To be able to participate in the Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program, You must possess some criteria:
- This program is available to journalists from all parts of the world, allowing them to participate and benefit.
- It welcomes journalists who possess a few years of experience in the media industry, have a strong command of the English language, and have a keen interest in expanding their knowledge and comprehension of political economy.
Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program – Expectations
Program participants are expected to:
- Take part in the evaluation of three classes.
- Be present and engage in classes, fulfilling all necessary readings and tasks.
- Join Stigler lectures, lunches, social gatherings, and other recommended center events.
- Agree to the program guidelines and expectations by signing a letter of agreement with the center.
How to Apply For Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program 2024
In order to be eligible for the program, applicants are required to submit the following documents via the Stigler Center online application system.
- Please submit your curriculum vitae (CV).
- Kindly provide personal statements that explain your interest in the program and outline your goals
- Two letters of recommendation are required.
- Please include three published news articles as samples of your work.
- If the articles are not in English, please provide translations along with the original articles. TV or radio journalists should also include links to video/audio files in a PDF or Word document, along with English transcriptions.
- If applicable, please submit proof of English proficiency.
- If English is not your native language, you will need to provide proof of your proficiency in English. However, this requirement can be waived if you have obtained your undergraduate or graduate degree from a college or university where English is the main language of instruction or from a country where English is widely spoken. Proof of English proficiency can be demonstrated through certificates or scores from standardized tests such as TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, ACT, Cambridge, Duolingo, etc. Also, an English equivalency diploma or certificate from an accredited national education institution, or work experience in an English-speaking office with a letter from your manager affirming your language skills can also serve as examples of proof of English proficiency.
For more details visit the official website.
October 15, 2023.
More Related Content
- Google Cloud Certification – How to get Certified on Google Cloud Certification
- High Paying Jobs in Canada for Foreigners with Visa Sponsorship – APPLY NOW!
- Entrepreneur in Residence Scheme 2023 – APPLY NOW
- UNESCO World Heritage Residence Scholarship 2023 for Young Creatives Worldwide (Call for Application)
- German Employment Visa Option – How to Apply for a German Employment Visa