Samsung introduces Cloud Backup for Galaxy devices which is a new feature introduced to Samsung Galaxy to aid Galaxy users to backup all kinds of files. The Samsung cloud feature is for certain Galaxy devices and it was created for the maintenance mode for the Samsung Galaxy devices.
Samsung Cloud Backup
Samsung Cloud helps the device to backup, sync, and restore content that is stored on your device. With this feature, you would never get to lose anything important and you could smoothly view photos on your device if you happen to replace your phone, and you would not lose any of your saved data.
What Can Be Saved on the Samsung Cloud?
What can be saved on the Samsung Cloud or what could be backed up on the Samsung Cloud, and there are Phones, Messages, Voice Recorders, Clock, Settings, Bixby Home, Apps, Documents, Music data, Calendars, contacts that could be backed up to Samsung Cloud.
Capacity of New Cloud Backup
The new backup feature surpasses the old cloud backup and it offers unlimited space for device backups and it has a file size limit of 100GB. It is a very free service that has no total storage limit but the individual file sizes are restricted to 100GB, you might not need any external memory.
The wi-fi is needed and necessary for data transfer and the Data is stored for up to 30 days from the date of the initial backup day.
Saving Data in Samsung Cloud
The Samsung Cloud is not tied to your device but is connected to your ID or email address and you can access the Samsung Cloud storage through your browser. It can be accessed by going to the cloud and accounts under your device settings selecting the Samsung cloud option and managing the data instantly.
From the setting, you can check your cloud usage, restore it, back up your data, and sync your data through multiple devices. Make sure to create an account In order to properly backup all your files.
Compatible Devices with Samsung Cloud
Well, not all Samsung devices are compatible with the Samsung cloud backup feature so with information gotten from Samsung support here are the compatible devices:
Galaxy S Phones
- Galaxy S23, S23+, S23 Ultra
- Galaxy S22, S22+, S22 Ultra
- Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra
- Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra
- Galaxy S10, S10+, S10e, S10 5G
- Galaxy S9, S9+
- Galaxy S8, S8+, S8 Active
- Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, S7 Active
- Galaxy S6, S6+, S6 Edge, Active, S8+
List on Galaxy Z Phones
- Galaxy Z Flip, Z Flip 5G, Z Flip3 5G, Z Flip4
- Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Z Fold3 5G, Z Fold4
- Galaxy Fold
List on Galaxy Note Phones
- Galaxy Note20, Note20 Ultra
- Galaxy Note10, Note10+, Note10 5G
- Galaxy Note9
- Galaxy Note8
- Galaxy Note5
- Galaxy Note4, Note Edge
Galaxy A Phones
- Galaxy A53 5G
- Galaxy A23 5G
- Galaxy A13, A13 5G
- Galaxy A03
- Galaxy A52 5G
- Galaxy A42 5G
- Galaxy A32 5G
- Galaxy A12 5G
- Galaxy A02s 5G
List on Galaxy Tablets
- Galaxy Tab S8, S8+, S8 Ultra
- Galaxy Tab S7, S7+
- Galaxy Tab S6
- Galaxy Tab S5e
- Galaxy Tab S4
- Galaxy Tab S3
- Galaxy Tab S2
- Galaxy Tab
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes Samsung discontinue Samsung Cloud?
As part of a broader plan to cut expenses while providing more for customers, Samsung has now chosen to convert Samsung Cloud to OneDrive. In essence, consumers are only witnessing a shift in cloud service providers as Samsung Cloud is being discontinued and replaced with OneDrive.
What is the iCloud version on a Samsung device?
Samsung Cloud is a service that facilitates data syncing associated with a user’s Samsung account and data backup/restore on the user’s device.
Is OneDrive able to save my Samsung phone’s backup?
Utilize OneDrive for Android to automatically store images and videos, here are the steps:
- Press the Me symbol located at the bottom of the OneDrive application.
- Select Settings. then a backup camera.
- Assign After selecting the account you wish to backup, click Confirm.
- Turn on Include videos to ensure that videos are automatically backed up.
Are backups made automatically by Samsung Galaxy?
Your data is automatically backed up using auto backup once every twenty-four hours. But in order to do this, your phone needs to be charged, linked to WiFi, and have its screen off for at least an hour. You can make a backup by going to Settings, under the setting you would one of the options under the account.
Which files from Samsung Cloud will be removed?
If any data in Samsung Cloud is not accessed for more than a year, it will be erased. This comprises information kept in the corresponding category, including calendar entries, contacts, and more. That particular data will not be recoverable; however, Samsung will notify you in advance before deleting it.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Google Backup – Google Drive Backup | Google Backup Android
- The Google Photo Update: How to Update Google Photos Backup (Desktop Uploader) To Latest Version
- Computer Back Up – How to Back Up Your Computer
- Google Photo Update – How to Update Google Photos Backup (Desktop Uploader) To Latest Version
- Android Phone Set Up – How Do I Setup My Android Phone