Rotary offers up to 130 fully-funded fellowships annually for committed leaders from around the world to study at peace centers. Rotary Peace Fellowships commenced in 2002, since then, Rotary Peace Centers have equipped and trained over 1,500 fellows who are current employees in over 100 countries.
Rotary Peace Centers Program, through academic training, practice, and global networking opportunities, develops the capacity of peace and development professionals to become effective catalysts for peace.
The Peace fellowships cover the following: tuition fees, accommodation and board, round-trip transportation, and internship and field-study expenses.
Rotary Peace Fellowships
As earlier mentioned, Rotary Peace Fellowship is designed for leaders with work experience in peace and development. Basically, fellows of Rotary Peace are focused on community and international service and the pursuit of peace. Rotary Foundation awards up to 50 fellowships each year for master’s degrees and about 80 fellowships for certificate studies at premier universities.
Benefits of Rotary Peace Fellowship
Here are some of the benefits of the Rotary Peace Fellowship:
- Tuition and fees,
- Room and board,
- Round-trip transportation,
- Applied field experience expenses,
- Health insurance
Application Deadline: 15 May 2022
Study location: USA, Japan, UK, Australia, Sweden, Thailand, Uganda
Course begins 2023
Institutions: The following are the host Institutions of this fellowship and the various programs they offer.
- The Duke University and University of North Carolina, USA
Program: Master of International Development Policy Program (MIDP) or various degrees offered by the University of North Carolina
- International Christian University, Japan:
Program: Master’s Degree in Peace Studies
- Bradford University, England
Program: Advanced Practice in Peacebuilding and Conflict Resolution MA
- University of Queensland, Australia: Program: Master of Peace and Conflict Studies (MPACS)
- Uppsala University, Sweden:
Program; Peace and Conflict Studies (MS.Sc.)
- Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
The program offered: The program offered in this University is a Professional Development Certificate in Peace and Development Studies
- Makerere University, Uganda Program: Certificate program
Please take note that fellowship recipients may not be allowed to study at a Rotary Peace Center in their home country, with the exception of candidates from Thailand, at Chulalongkorn University, and Ugandan candidates at Makerere University.
Study Program: The study program is Professional Development Certificate Program or Master’s Degree Program in fields related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention
Target group: Endorsed individuals by their local Rotary District.
Number of Scholarships: The scholarship offered is up to 50 fellowships for master’s degrees and 80 for certificate studies are awarded each year as mentioned above.
Rotary Peace fellowships cover tuition fees, accommodation and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses.
To be eligible to apply for this fellowship, you must first note that the Rotary Peace Fellowship is designed for professionals with work experience in international relations or peace and conflict prevention and resolution. So, all applicants are required to meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must have 3 years of related work experience for the master’s program
- Candidates must have 5 years of related work experience for the certificate program, he/she also must be able to explain their plan to promote peace that aligns with Rotary’s mission
- Makerere University candidates must either be from Africa, have worked in Africa, or work with African communities or initiatives outside the continent.
- All candidates are also required to be very proficient in the English language
- Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree
- Must be able to show leadership skills
- Must have a strong commitment to cross-cultural understanding and peace worked in Africa, or work with African communities or initiatives outside the continent.
How to Apply For Rotary Peace Fellowship
To benefit from this fellowship, you have to apply for it. Meanwhile, you must ensure that you take note of the application deadline date which is 15 May 2022 in submitting applications to the respective Rotary District. The Districts must submit endorsed applications to The Rotary Foundation by 1 July 2022.
Do well to read the complete application guidelines and visit the official website found below for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website
Rotary Peace Foundation is globally recognized, every year, the fellowship does witness an influx of applications. You can apply for this program to be among the beneficiaries.