Applications for the RCE Youth Art Challenge 2023 are now open, all interested young eco-artists are invited to apply. Art has the power to transcend language barriers and inspire change. It serves as a medium through which individuals can express their creativity, share their stories, and ignite conversations about pressing issues.
The RCE Youth Art Challenge: From Waste to Art, organized by the Global RCE Service Centre at the United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS) in partnership with UNESCO, seeks to harness the potential of art to promote sustainable consumption and production.
This global challenge invites young eco-artists, aged 35 or younger, to showcase their creative works of art and highlight the actions they and their local communities are taking to achieve sustainable development.
RCE Youth Art Challenge 2023
The RCE Youth Art Challenge 2023, invites participants to explore diverse art forms and mediums to transform waste into captivating works of art. Whether it’s paintings, drawings, photos, sketches, digital art, sculptures, handicrafts, murals, or any other form of artistic expression, the possibilities are endless.
This challenge encourages participants to think outside the box and utilize locally sourced waste materials such as e-waste, plastic, paper, and more, to demonstrate their resourcefulness and creativity. The Challenge recognizes the significance of art in shaping mindsets and behaviors toward responsible consumption and production.
By encouraging young artists to channel their talents into projects that promote sustainability, this challenge aims to inspire a global movement toward a greener future.
- To be eligible, Participants must be 35 or younger by August 15, 2023.
- Participants can submit up to three (3) entries per participant.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that the artwork has not been previously submitted for any other contest.
- Furthermore, the Submitted artwork must be the participant’s original work, and should not contain symbols, images, or other works under copyright, which include logos of brands and characters.
- Corporations are ineligible for this contest.
The evaluation team will assess submissions across the following age categories.
- 15 years and under
- 16-25 years
- 26-35 years
How to Apply for RCE Youth Art Challenge 2023?
Participating in the RCE Youth Art Challenge is a simple and rewarding process;
- Interested and Qualified Candidates should go to the application page at: unuehs.questionpro.eu/2023RCEYouthArtChallenge to apply
- Submissions must be made by the deadline stated below
- Each submission should consist of a static image or frame of the artwork. Along with a title and a brief statement of no more than 100 words explaining the submission.
- Additionally, participants have the option to include a video showcasing the final product. Or work in progress (without audio) to provide further insight into their creative process.
August 15, 2023
The RCE Youth Art Challenge: From Waste to Art presents an extraordinary opportunity for young eco-artists worldwide to harness their creative abilities and contribute to the global sustainability movement.
Through their imaginative and resourceful artworks, participants can inspire individuals from all walks of life. To embrace sustainable consumption and production practices. Let us celebrate the transformative power of art. And unite in our commitment to shaping a more sustainable and vibrant planet.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Top 6 Online Stores For Black Friday Shopping
- Best Zero Waste Products – What to Look for In Zero Waste Products
- Podcast Covers: Top 10 Tips for Creating Quality Podcast Cover Art
- DAAD WASTE Scholarship Program 2023/2024 At the University of Stuttgart For Developing Countries
- Best Sustainable Shoes for a Greener Future