The European University Institute has announced the Application Call for the Policy Leader Fellowship (PLF) 2023 Program.
Policy Leader Fellowship (PLF) 2023
The Policy Leader Fellowship (PLF) is a residential programme for mid-career policy professionals from a range of policy fields including politics, civil service, media, non-governmental organizations, and others.
PLF is a unique programme hosted at one of the most renowned academic institutions in Europe (European University Institute), successful fellows are provided with an insider view into the EU policy-making processes.
The Policy Leader Fellowship programme does not require academic training background, this implies that individuals with diverse hands-on experiences in policy-making across the world are encouraged to apply.
The programme also gives fellows access to the School of Transnational Governance (STG) faculty, researchers community, and a platform to learn from each other and form lasting professional and personal connections.
About European University Institute Policy Leader Fellowship (PLF) 2023
The Policy Leaders Fellowship (PLF) will require fellows to spend five or ten months at the School of Transnational Governance (STG) developing policy recommendations and practical solutions for pressing issues inspired and informed by their work experience.
Also, fellows will be provided with professional skills training opportunities and will be allowed to participate in the academic life and activities of the European University Institute, to enhance their fellowship project. While enjoying the above benefits, Fellows are expected to enrich the STG community by bringing their first-hand experiences to teaching, training, and networking at the School.
Once the programme is completed, fellows join a global alumni network of policy professionals and have access to lifelong training opportunities at the EUI.
Summary of EUI Policy Leader Fellowship 2023
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: European University Institute (EUI)
- Country: Italy
- Study at: European University Institute
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 25, 2023
- Programme Start Date: 01/09/2023
- Methodology: Residential
- Location: Palazzo Buontalenti, Italy
- Application Deadline: 25/01/2023 14:00 CET
About European University Institute (EUI)
The European University Institute (EUI) is a leading institute in Europe, it is dedicated to social sciences and humanities. EUI was founded in 1972 by the six original members of the then European Communities.
Over the years, the European University Institute (EUI) has earned a reputation as a transnational hub of research and higher learning.
The institute came into existence in 1948 out of an atmosphere of cooperation, with notable advocacy for a European institute at the Hague Conference and the European Cultural Conference the following year.
EUI is an international center for doctorate and post-doctorate studies and research, it is located in the Tuscan hills overlooking Florence.
Benefits of EUI Policy Leader Fellowship 2023
- Participants will receive a basic grant of € 2,500 per month. However, participants who receive other grants or salaries must disclose this to the EUI.
- The fellowship amount is fixed at a lower rate (minimum €1,750 per month) based on the amount of the additional income (upon production of relevant supporting documents). Additionally, family allowances will be added to the basic grant if applicable.
- Fellows will also receive a household allowance of up to €300 per month with a partner if the partner lives with them in Florence. However, it is with a condition that the partner’s income is less than €2,000 per month. The total income and allowance cannot exceed €2,000 per month. That is, in a situation where the income exceeds €1,700, the allowance will be paid only to top up to €2,000.
- A €200 allowance is paid monthly to each dependent child. Participants are entitled to these allowances if they can declare that they are not receiving any similar allowance from another source and upon submission of relevant supporting documents such aa marriage or partner certificate, or proof of cohabitation in Florence; birth certificates.
- A university certificate is required for dependent children in full-time education and over the age of 18. Dependents above 26 years are not entitled to the allowance.
- Successful fellows will receive reimbursement for the incoming trip from their place of origin to Florence, and for the outgoing trip to their destination at the end of their fellowship (excluding their families)
- Provision of First-class rail
- An economy class airfare
How to Apply for European University Institute Policy Leader Fellowship (PLF) 2023?
- All Interested and qualified candidates can apply by visiting the European University Institute (EUI) on: https://apply.eui.eu/osiris_aanmeld_euiprd/Welkom.do to apply
- All Applications for the fellowship must be submitted through the online application portal.
- It’s important to register your application early in order to give your referees sufficient time to submit the reference letters.
- After submitting your application, continue to work on the application details and attachments until the deadline. This is because once you submit your application, you won’t be able to update or modify your application.
- For more details, visit the EUI website on: https://www.eui.eu/apply?id=policy-leader-fellowship&subpage=selectionCriteriaAndEligibility
Eligibility Criteria for EUI Policy Leader Fellowship Qualification 2023
- The Policy Leader fellowship program is open to mid-career professionals who are able to demonstrate solid professional experience (minimum 10 years) and potential for future excellence in a given policy area.
- Candidates must be Self-motivated and driven, able to autonomously accomplish the activities presented under the fellowship work plan.
- Must be open-minded and curious, willing to engage in peer discussions on topics that may go beyond their area of expertise.
January 25, 2023.
More Related Content
- World Food Prize – George Washington Carver Internship (GWC) 2023 for Undergraduate/Graduate Students
- Lester B. Pearson Scholarship 2023 Fully Funded – Apply Now!
- Seyi Makinde Scholarship Scheme for Undergraduates – Apply Now!
- CyberGirls Fellowship Program 2023 for Young African Women – Apply Now!
- UNDP/FCMB Agro-Hack Challenge & Summit 2022 – APPLY NOW!