Applications are ongoing for the NL-High Potential Scholarship 2024 at Maastricht University, Netherlands. The University is offering the 2024 edition of the NL-High Potential scholarship program to exceptionally talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to pursue a Master’s degree at Maastricht University (UM).
Up to 24 full scholarships worth up to € 30,000 are awarded and this includes tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend per academic year.
Maastricht University Scholarships Details
The scholarship program offered by Maastricht University consists of the NL Scholarship, which is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science in collaboration with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences, and the High Potential Scholarship, funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund.
The Duration of the NL-High Potential scholarship is as follows:
- Masters programme: 13 months (for a one year Masters program)
- Up to 25 months for a master’s programme of two-year
Requirements for Maastricht University NL-High Potential Scholarship 2024
Take note of the requirements below, as they’re mandatory for all candidates:
- To be eligible, you meet the requirements for an entry visa and residence permit in the Netherlands in addition to being a national of a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland, or Surinam.
- You must have dual citizenship with an EU/EEA country.
- You have submitted an application for admission to one of Maastricht University’s participating full-time master’s programs (participating programs) for the 2024–2025 academic year.
- You are eligible for admission to the particular UM master’s program to which you have applied.
- Must have never taken part in a higher education program in the Netherlands that leads to a degree.
- On September 1, 2024, you won’t be older than 35.
- You got excellent results during your prior education programs, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. Please note that in the event that several applicants are qualified, preference is given to applicants whose academic transcript demonstrates that they are among the top 5% of the 2024-2025 scholarship programme applicants.
- Allowed to apply include International students from outside the EU/EEA who want to pursue a full degree program in the Netherlands.
Benefits of the NL-High Potential Scholarship Programme 2024-2025
Recipients of the NL-High Potential scholarship programme 2024-2025, will receive the following benefits:
- Up to € 12,350 for Living expenses, covering a duration of 13 months or up to € 23,750 for 25 months Paid to students by the UM International Services Desk
- A € 700 for Health & liability insurance, paid by the UM International Services Desk
- € 210 for Visa application costs. This is paid by the UM International Services Desk
- Tuition fees coverage
- Coverage for Pre-Academic Training costs
The application process for Maastricht University NL-High Potential Scholarship 2024, involves the steps below:
- Visit the UM official page at https://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/sites/default/files/2023-10/UM%20HHP%20Studieprogramma%27s%202024-2025_0.pdf to register for one of the available master programs
- You’re expected to have applied for the master’s program at UM and receive your student ID, before you can apply for the scholarship.
- Complete the application form. To do so, log in with your UM account. You can click this link https://corsa-forms.mumc.maastrichtuniversity.nl/user/login?destination=/form/ssc-scholarships to fill out the application form.
You will need to upload the following documents in .doc, .docx or PDF format:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation
- Proof of academic excellence. Either of the following can be uploaded:
- Your university transcript or;
- Personal statement of financial needs.
- A reference letter.
Note: You will only be able to submit your application once, hence, it important to ensure that all of your documents and referee contact details are up-to-date.
1 February 2024, 23:59 CET.