Mint Mobile is set to spike its data plans on the 14th of April. The changes in question will go into effect in the later parts of this month automatically, with the prices before then staying the same as they are today.
Mint Mobile Data Plans
Mint Mobile is set to be acquired by T-Mobile very soon, but that has not stopped the company from carrying out some operations of its own. The prepaid provider starting on April 14 will be increasing the amount of its data offering to both new and existing customers while they still keep the pricing at the same levels they are today.
The New Price Options
The new prepaid options are under the 12-month structure of Mint although the carrier will still be offering plans in 3-month and 6-month increments. And with that being said, here are the new prepaid options:
- 5GB per month of high-speed 5G/4G LTE data will go for $15 per month (up from 4GB)
- 15GB per month of high-speed 5G/4G LTE data will go for $20 per month (up from 10GB)
- 20GB per month of high-speed 5G/4G LTE data will go for $25 per month (up from 15GB)
- 40GB per month of high-speed 5G/4G LTE data will go for $30 per month, plus 10GB of hotspot data (this is the company’s “unlimited” plan, and it is an increase from the previous 35GB of high-speed data as well as 5GB of hotspot data)
Mint in a press release stated that current subscribers will automatically be getting the new higher data plans “when their monthly data refreshes” after April 14 and it also notes that users will however not need to “enroll, register or take action of any kind” in order to get the additional data. The carrier already has started alerting its customers about the new changes on Sunday.
T-Mobile Is Set To Acquire Mint Mobile
The plan refresh from mint is coming just over two weeks after T-Mobile announced that it would be buying the prepaid carrier as well as its parent company, Ka’ena Corporation, in a potential $1.35 billion deal. The acquisition in question is set to be closed in the later parts of the year.
How to Add More Data to Your Mint Mobile Plan
This is easy. Fortunately, you can always add more high-speed data to your plan at just about any time you need it until your next recharge. Adding more data to your plan can be done in three ways actually and they are;
Add Data on the Mint Mobile Website
- First, login to your mint mobile account
- Next, click on the Add More data option.
- And select from the data add-on options that are available with your plan.
- You can choose 1GB for $10 or 3GB for $20 if you are on 4GB, 10GB, or 15GB respectively.
Add Data on the Mint Mobile App
- Log into your Mint Mobile account and then select the ‘Buy more data’ option in the menu.
- Select from the data add-on options that are available with your plan. That’s it.
And lastly, you can add data by texting 6700. You can get more pieces of information on this method by visiting Mint’s help page.
MORE RELATED POSTS