Good news for African scholars who are seeking an opportunity to advance their research in the Humanities and Social Sciences, as the Maria Sibylla Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa (MIASA) at the University of Ghana, is currently accepting applications for the MIASA Individual Fellowships 2024.
MIASA Individual Fellowships 2024
MIASA seeks to support innovative academic projects that tackle pressing societal challenges. Researchers affiliated with MIASA explore diverse topics related to sustainable governance, ranging from conflict resolution and peacebuilding to environmental sustainability and democratic governance.
The institute encourages interdisciplinary approaches and welcomes scholars with diverse backgrounds and research interests. Furthermore, MIASA is dedicated to promoting research on the theme of ‘Sustainable Governance’ and offers individual fellowships to support innovative academic projects of top international quality.
Details About MIASA Individual Fellowships 2024
MIASA offers individual residential fellowships for the academic year 2024/2025. The fellowship program aims to support outstanding scholars (both junior and senior levels) who have completed their doctoral degrees at least three months prior to the start of the fellowship.
The fellowships range from a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 10 months. Short stays of up to 3 months typically begin on the 1st of June 2024, while longer fellowships usually start on the 1st of August, 1st of September, 1st of January, or 1st of February. The fellowship must conclude no later than the 31st of July 2025.
The Maria Sibylla Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa (MIASA) is a renowned research institution located on the campus of the University of Ghana in Legon, Accra.
The institute aims to reduce global asymmetries in knowledge production, bridge the cultural divide between anglophone and francophone Africa, and increase the visibility of humanities and social science research in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Objectives of MIASA
MIASA has three primary objectives:
- Reducing Global Asymmetries in Knowledge Production
- Promoting Female Scholarship
- Bridging Cultural Divides
Benefits of MIASA Individual Fellowships
The benefits Include:
- Provision of salary for fellows affiliated with a home institution.
- Provision of accommodations for fellows from outside Accra
- Fellows may also receive an equivalent accommodation allowance of up to 1500€/month and reimbursed travel costs.
- There will also be a contribution made to provide support for research conducted at MIASA
- MIASA fellows who are accompanied by family members to Accra can receive a family allowance
- Full access to all library services at the University of Ghana will be granted to Fellows.
Eligibility Criteria for MIASA Individual Fellowships
- Scholars at both junior and senior levels are invited to apply. However, they must have been awarded their doctoral degree at least three months before the start of the fellowship.
How to Apply
Are you Interested and qualified? Kindly follow the steps below:
- Click the Maria Sibylla Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa (MIASA) link given below: https://mobility.frias.uni-freiburg.de/mobility
- Complete the application Details session, personal details, address and other requested information
- Once all the requested details are provided accurately, click the Send Application form button located down the page
- For more details,visit MIASA website on: http://www.ug.edu.gh/mias-africa/content/call-applications-individual-residential-fellowships
August 31, 2023.
More Related Content
- University of Ghana MIASA Individual Fellowships 2023/2024 – APPLY NOW!
- Merian Institute for Advanced Studies Writing Workshop 2023 – Apply Now!
- Photography 4 Humanity Global Prize Competition 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- British Academy Global Innovation Fellowships 2023 – APPLY NOW
- University of Ghana Postgraduate Scholarship 2023 – Apply Now!