The Gates Scholarship 2024 is an extremely competitive scholarship program for high school seniors in the United States. Each year, the best 300 young men and women in the United States are chosen for this fully-funded fellowship.
Furthermore, the prestigious Gates Scholarship Program ensures that students have access to all necessary resources and services. The scholarship for students in the United States aims to help high-potential low-income students from various minorities become extremely influential leaders by excelling in their courses or graduate school.
Gates Scholarship 2024
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s fully-funded scholarships aim to enable young future leaders to recognize their own ability to make a difference toward a brighter future. Since its establishment, the organization’s focus has been on making the world a better place and offering equitable opportunities to all communities on this diverse planet.
The Bill Gates Foundation has a long history of assisting excellent minorities as well as low-income talented students. Since its inception in 2017, the Gates Scholarships have provided over 3000 excellent high school seniors with financial and other help to continue their four-year degree program at any US-accredited institution.
Bill Gates Scholarship in the United States 2024
- Host Country: United States
- Sponsored By: Bill Gates Foundation
- Host Universities: University across the USA and Community Colleges across the USA
- Degree Level: Undergraduate Programs
- Scholarship Duration: 5 years
- Number of Scholarships: 300
Benefits of Gates Scholarship 2024
- The tuition fee will be paid.
- Residential housing will be provided.
- Board and lodging will be provided.
- Transportation expenses will be reimbursed.
- Other incidental charges will be reimbursed as well.
Bill Gates Scholarship 2024 – Eligibility Criteria
- The Applicants must be an African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian and Pacific Islander American or Hispanic American.
- The candidate must be a US citizen, national, or permanent resident of the United States.
- The prospective student must be Pell-qualified.
- The applicant cannot be the recipient of any other award or family support.
- The candidate’s academic performance must be exceptional, with a GPA of 3.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must have plans to pursue a four-year degree program in the USA.
How to Apply for the Gates Scholarship 2024?
- Qualified Candidates must create an MYTGS profile via this link: gatesscholarship.org in order to apply.
- Up to 2000 semi-finalists will be invited for phase II to proceed with their application.
- The application process typically involves a questionnaire, essays, provision of updated transcripts, and letters of recommendation. Please note that the Phase II of the scholarship must be completed by January.
- Subsequently, up to 600 candidates will be selected for the final phase in March
- The final phase will involve the candidates being interviewed in person or on a video call.
- 300 finalists will be announced in April and will be required to proceed on documentation clearance for the award.
September 15, 2023.