The Gates Cambridge scholarship is open for application for the 2023 session. The scholarships at Cambridge University are some of the most prestigious universities in the world. If you are an international student willing to take advantage of this scholarship, read this article to the very end.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2022
The gates Cambridge scholarship is given based on merits. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the United Kingdom. It is a full-time post-graduate degree scholarship that is available for any field of study or subject available at the University of Cambridge.
University of Study
The host University of this scholarship is the University of Cambridge, United Kingdom.
Acceptable Field of Study
The field of study or study programs that are available for the Cambridge university Gates scholarship is
Ph.D., MSc, MLitt, or a one-year postgraduate course in any subject that is offered at the University.
However, there are some course restrictions for the Gates Cambridge scholarship, these courses are;
- Undergraduate degrees such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
- MASt courses (from September 2022)
Scholarships Available at Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2022-23
There are about 80 scholarships awarded each year at the Gates Cambridge University scholarship
These scholarships are available for all international students from countries all over the world.
What’s in for Gates Cambridge Scholarship Winners?
The Gates Cambridge University scholarships cover a whole lot. This scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge University. This cost includes tuition fees, maintenance allowance (£18,384 for 12 months at the 2022-23 rate), travel costs, visa, etc.
This scholarship also provides additional funding such as academic development, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
Other costs here, include airfare at the beginning and the end of their programs. They will also be compensated with inbound visa costs and the cost of the immigration health Surcharge.
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
You will only be considered for the Gates Cambridge scholarship if you meet the following criteria;
- All international students can apply for this scholarship
- To apply for the Gates Cambridge scholarship, you must be an applicant for one of the programs offered at Gates University. These programs include a Ph.D., MSc, MLitt, or a one-year postgraduate course.
- UK applicants cannot apply for this scholarship
- You need an excellent academic background to be eligible for this scholarship
- Applicants on a research basis must have contacted their supervisor and be accepted by the supervisor to continue their research.
- All applicants must be able to defend their course.
These are the major requirements needed to apply for the Gates Cambridge scholarship.
Also Read: iOS 16.1 Tweaks The Battery Icon Once Again
How to Apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship
The application for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship is currently open. It opened on the 15th of September 2022. To apply for this scholarship, follow the steps below;
- First of all, visit the online portal of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship, gatescambridge.org/programme/the-scholarship/
- When you get to the page, you will have to choose a specific course and college place.
- After that, you will have to provide all the relevant details about your personal information, academic background, and the plan for the type, of course, you want to apply for.
- Now apply for the course and college
- When you have gained admission into the college, you can apply for funding from funding offered by the University and other organization
- You can apply for as many courses as you want and the slots will be closed even before the deadline.
These are the major steps to successfully applying for the Gates Cambridge scholarship.
Documents Required to Apply for the Gates Cambridge University Scholarship
To apply for the Gates University scholarship, you must have the following documents available;
- All applicants must have a personal statement of more than 3000 characters
- All Ph.D. candidates must submit a research proposal. Even if the application for their courses or college does not require a research proposal.
- You must have three reference letters
Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline for application for this scholarship for international students if 1 December 2022, or 5th January 2023, and it is dependent on the course you want to apply for. For the US, the deadline for application is 12th October 2022.
The official website for the application for this scholarship is www.gatescambridge.org/apply/eligibility/
Frequently Asked Questions
How Hard Is It to Get a Gates Cambridge Scholarship?
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is one of the most competitive and prestigious in the world, with around 1.3% of applicants receiving an award in recent years. So many international students all over the world are applying for that scholarship at the same.
How much is the Gates Cambridge Scholarship?
This scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge University. This cost includes tuition fees, maintenance allowance (£18,384 for 12 months at the 2022-23 rate), travel costs, visa, etc
How Can I Study for Free at Cambridge?
Cambridge is one of the 10 best schools in the world. This school offers free online courses through edX and FutureLearn. You can also take an edX MicroMasters course in performance and entertainment writing.
Which Cambridge College Gives Most Scholarships?
Gates Cambridge provides more scholarships to outstanding applicants from outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree.