Nominations are now open for KidsRights International Children’s Peace Prize 2024. To improve children’s rights, KidsRights annually shines a spotlight on young heroes through the International Children’s Peace Prize. This prestigious award not only recognizes the valiant efforts of children aged 12 to 17 but also provides a global stage for their advocacy.
The KidsRights Foundation, headquartered in the picturesque city of Amsterdam, was established in 2003 by visionaries Marc Dullaert and Inge Ikink. This international organization is a stalwart supporter of children’s rights, dedicated to making a lasting impact on the lives of young individuals globally.
Rewards of the International Children’s Peace Prize
- The “Nkosi” Statuette: This is a Symbol of Motion and Progress. The chosen winner is bestowed with the honor of the International Children’s Peace Prize and also receives the iconic “Nkosi” statuette.
- Desmond Tutu Study and Care Fund: KidsRights endows the winner with the “Desmond Tutu Study and Care Fund.”
- A €100,000 Project Fund: The winner receives a substantial project fund of €100,000, earmarked for initiatives closely aligned with their area of work.
Eligibility Criteria for the International Children’s Peace Prize
To be considered for the International Children’s Peace Prize, the nominee must meet the following criteria:
- Any person above 18 or an organization can nominate a child.
- The nominee must be between 12 and 17 years old at the time of the nomination deadline.
- Nominees can hail from any country across the globe.
- The nominated child should demonstrate a history of courageously standing up for the rights of children, including themselves.
- Nominees should possess the ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with diverse audiences.
- Travel readiness is paramount, as the winner will represent their cause on a global stage.
- The child must agree to be nominated for the International Children’s Peace Prize, showcasing a genuine commitment to the cause.
How to Apply
March 1, 2024.
How Can I Nominate a Child?
To nominate a child, simply fill out the nomination form available on the official KidsRights website. Alternatively, you can send an email to the address stated on the official page.
Can I Nominate Myself?
No, self-nominations are not accepted. Encourage someone around you to nominate you for this esteemed prize.
Can I Nominate a Previously Nominated Child?
Absolutely! KidsRights encourages nominations for children who have been nominated in the past. A previous nomination does not preclude a child from being selected in a subsequent year.
Eligibility for Children from Economically Developed Countries?
The International Children’s Peace Prize is open to children from all corners of the world, regardless of economic development.
What is the age Limit for Nominees?
Nominees should be between 12 and 17 years old at the time of the nomination deadline. Individuals aged 18 or above are ineligible.
- KidsRights International Children’s Peace Prize 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- Google Play Store’s Best of 2021 Nominees – Too Many Choices
- 2000 Workers Needed in Canada – Apply for Canada Provincial Nominee Program at www.canada.ca
- Golden Globes Livestream 2021 – Golden Globes Nomination – Golden Globes
- Building for Peace Scholarship 2023 – APPLY NOW