The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is an agency of the United Nations that specializes in promoting security and world peace through international collaboration in arts, science, education, and culture. However, it future designers International Innovation Design Awards.
IIDA in collaboration with UNESCO and the Organizing Committee of Future Designers International Innovation Design Awards. Also, Science for SDGs Innovation Contest was carried out by the UNESCO UNITRAIN Youth Competence Development Project, supported by the organizing committee of the National College Digital Arts & Design Awards (NCDA). All of these bodies mentioned above organized the award.
The 2023 International Innovation Design Awards& Science for SDGs innovation contest advocates for sustainable development while addressing salient issues affecting the world such as environmental degradation and biodiversity loss, climate change, food and water insecurity or energy poverty. If you have an original idea or design for the above listed, then this contest is for you. This contest intends to showcase and gather the distinctive works of the youth to create awareness and preach the importance of Science, Engineering, and STEM in achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Benefits of International Innovation Design Awards (IIDA)& Science for SDGs Innovation Contest 2023
The IIDA Awards 2023 offers various benefits to successful applicants. The benefits are listed below:
- The certificate will jointly be issued by UNESCO and IIDA
- In December 2023, the winners will be invited to the award presentation ceremony in Shanghai China.
- Both parties, IIDA and UNESCO will promote the winners’ work on social media
To be eligible for this IIDA 2023 award, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The IIDA 2023 is exclusively open to college and university students around the world
- Only the award-winning works of NCDA are eligible to participate in China.
- Different works that advocate Science for SDGs are welcomed. They include decorations, fashion, architecture, automobiles, landscape signs, public art, posters, and so many more
- There are four distinct categories: They are: product design, media design, environmental design, and arts & Science
The requirement for entry is as follows:
Size: Not less than A3
Number: Maximum of 5 JPG per work
Duration: Not more than 8 minutes
File size: Not more than 500MB
Submission Deadline: September 30, 2023
Entry Review and Panel Deliberation: October 1st -30th, 2023
Announcement of the winners: October 31st,2023
How to Apply
- Open your browser
- Go to the IIDA page and fill out the form provided
- Make sure that the requirements are complete.
- Compress all your documents in a ZIP file
- Label the ZIP file as “artist+ work title+ country.zip” for example “Anna + Deforestation + Kenya”
- Submit your complete document to these email addresses [email protected] and [email protected]
For more information visit IIDA & Science for SDGs Innovation Contest
Can Africans participate in the competition?
Yes, the competition is open to every continent in the world
Is the NCDA eligibility peculiar to all contestants?
No, it is peculiar to contestants from China only.
Are secondary school students eligible to participate?
Yes, the eligibility is open to youths from all parts of the world
How do I submit my work?
After you must have packaged all that is required from you, you compress your whole work to a zip file and submit your comprehensive application to their email.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- University Of Bonn SDG Fellowships For Developing Countries | How to Apply Now
- Bonn SDG Fellowship Program 2023 for African Students – Apply Now
- Melton Foundation SDG Innovation Challenge – APPLY NOW!
- UNESCO Essay Contest For Young Leaders – Goi Peace Foundation
- ONE Africa Award For Sustainable Development Goals