The UNESCO Essay Contest 2022 is a collaborative effort of the Goi Peace Foundation and UNESCO, offering an International Essay Contest for young people around the world.
About the UNESCO Essay Contest
The UNESCO Essay Contest is an annual essay contest program organized in an effort to harness the energy, imagination, and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development.
The essay contest also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
The Essay Theme: “My Values”
No doubt, Our values determine how we think and act, and they shape the society we live in. What values are dear to you? How best can you live your life in line with those values, and in doing so, what kind of society do you hope to create?
Details of UNESCO Essay Contest
- UNESCO Essay Contest Application Deadline: 15th June 2022
- Is it Offered Annually: Yes
Guidelines for UNESCO Essay Contest
- UNESCO Essay Contest is open to be submitted by anyone so long as the Individual is up to 25 years by June 15, 2022, in one of the age categories listed below:
Age criteria for Children: Ages up to 14 years
For Youth: 15 – 25 years
- The contest requires that Essays must be 700 words or less in the following languages; English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 words or less in Japanese. The essay title is not included, and please note that Essays may be typed or printed.
- Applicants must ensure that Essays have a cover page indicating category (Children or Youth), the essay title, name, address, phone number, e-mail, nationality, age as of June 15, 2020, gender, school name, word count.
- The contest might require teachers and youth directors to submit a collection of essays from their class or group.
- Ensure to enclose a list of participants’ names, ages, and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
- It is important to note that any entry missing any of the above information will not be considered.
- All Essays must be original and unpublished.
- The Essay must be written by one person, in other words, Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- Any Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer
Worth of UNESCO Essay Contest
The following UNESCO Essay Contest awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- The First Prize for the UNESCO Essay Contest: The first price will receive an awards Certificate, the prize of 100,000 Yen, and gift 1 entrant
- The Second Prize: awards Certificate, the prize of 50,000 Yen which is approximately US$450 as of March 2021, and gift 2 entrants
- Third Prize: Certificate and gift 5 entrants
- Honorable Mention: award Certificate and gift to 25 entrants
The First, Second and third prize winners will be invited to the Winners Gathering to be held online.
- Best School Award: School Incentive Award will be given if applicable.
- The different prize winners will be announced on this website by October. Also, certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December.
- Any individual inquiries concerning contest results will not be answered
How to Submit Essay
Please note that the UNESCO Essay Contest entries must be submitted online.
Applicants are required to visit the online registration page at: https://goipeace-essaycontest.org/ to send their essay online and ensure they follow the required steps. Any entry submitted by postal mail or e-mail will not be accepted. For more details and inquiries, please contact [email protected].
You can also visit the Program’s official Webpage for details at: https://www.goipeace.or.jp/en/work/essay-contest/
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate Jobs Salary – Jobs Positions for IT Support
- Facebook Valentine’s Activities – Some Facebook Activities for Valentine’s
- Gamification: What Is Gamification And How To Get Started With It
- How to Get QR Code for Vaccine – How To View Your Vaccination Certificate