How to get QR code for vaccine – Getting vaccinated against the Covid 19 virus has now become easier than it used to. Many options are now being explored so as to get more people vaccinated against the evolving virus in a bid to keep more people safe.
How to Get QR Code for Vaccine
Getting or generating a QR code for a vaccine is easy and in this post, I will be guiding you through the whole steps and maybe in the process any other question you need to know in regards to getting vaccinated will be answered.
But before I will guide you on the process of generating a vaccination certificate QR code there are some things you will first need to know as all the steps are all connected. First, you will need to know when your vaccination certificate will be made available.
When Is Your Vaccination Certificate Available
A vaccination certificate is created in VAMS (vaccine administration management system). This is after healthcare professional logs a COVID-19 vaccine dose for a recipient of a vaccine in VAMS. Vaccination certificates are updated automatically by VAMS if healthcare professionals make the applicable edits to the vaccination records of the recipient in VAMS.
What Is In Your Vaccination Certificate
Now that you already know when your vaccination certificate will be available, here is a question you need to first ask in regards to getting vaccinated. What is in your vaccination certificate?
Your vaccination certificate includes pieces of information in regards to the date(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine administration, lot number, manufacturer of the vaccine, and the clinic’s name (vaccine administration site). The vaccination certificate also only reflects the COVID-19 vaccination dose(s) that is documented in VAMS.
How To Use Your Vaccination Certificate
After a recipient has received the required number of COVID-19 doses to complete the schedule of vaccination, the certificate can then serve as a record documented in the VAMS of the recipient. Recipients can also access their vaccination certificate in the recipient portal at just about any time they feel like it.
How To View Your Vaccination Certificate
To view your vaccination certificate online, follow the steps below;
- First, go to your jurisdiction’s VAMS landing page online and select the VAMS recipient login button if you already have a registered VAMS recipient account. Or you can select proceed as a guest if you do not have a registered account with them.
- If you however selected VAMS recipient login, you will need to enter the email address and password associated with your account.
- On the other hand, if you selected proceed as guest, you will need to select the manage appointments tab and then enter all the required pieces of information in order to identify your recipient profile. Immediately a confirmation code will be sent to your preferred method of contact. You will then need to enter this code into the field provided for you in the verification pop-up window.
- Click on verify.
- Inside the recipient portal, you will then select the ‘my appointment’s button at the top of your screen.
- Next, click on the blue hyperlinked text which states ‘view your vaccination certificate’.
- Lastly, a pop-up window will show your certificate of COVID-19 vaccination.
To generate a vaccination certificate QR code, follow the steps below;
- Select generate QR code from the pop-up window with your covid-19 vaccination certificate.
- You will be carried to a separate window by VAMS. And in this window, you can now create a personal identification number (PIN) for accessing your vaccination certificate. The pin must be 6-8 alphanumeric characters.
- Click on the Save button.
- You will be returned to the recipient portal by VAMS.
- Next, click on the hyperlinked text that says view your vaccination certificate. Now your new QR code will be displayed in the pop-up window showing your certificate of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Select the print option that is located under the QR code to print the QR code.
- Select the change QR code PIN to change the PIN for accessing your vaccination certificate. Follow the same steps as you would to initially set up your QR code PIN successfully.
- Now your QR code is ready to be scanned.
- When it is scanned by an external user, the QR code will then generate a link immediately to an external site. The page however will prompt you to enter your QR code PIN. Immediately enter your PIN and click on continue. Vaccination details will display once you enter your PIN.