International Brain Research Organisation (IBRO) Diversity Grants 2024 – APPLY NOW

IBRO’s fundamental principles focus on serving the international neuroscience community by advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in neuroscience research. To achieve this goal, the IBRO Diversity Grants aim to provide funding for events that prioritize and promote diversity in terms of region and gender within the neuroscience field.

International Brain Research Organisation (IBRO) Diversity Grants 2024

International Brain Research Organisation (IBRO) Diversity Grants

These grants are primarily targeted towards neuroscience societies and other organizers of such events.

Applicants considering applying for this funding opportunity are advised to address the specific challenges prevalent in their region or country. IBRO recognizes that cultural, socio-economic, and infrastructural factors influence the practice of neuroscience globally and encourages applicants to develop proposals tailored to tackle these unique diversity issues.

Funding will be allocated following an 80:20 structure, where 80% of the grant will be disbursed two months before the event’s commencement, and the remaining 20% will be provided upon the event’s conclusion and submission of the requisite grant report.


Maximum grant amount:

  • Asia-Pacific 3,500 EUR
  • Africa 3,000 EUR
  • Latin America 4,000 EUR
  • Pan-Europe 2,500 EUR

Eligibility Requirement

Applicants who meet the criteria should:

  • Address the specific diversity requirements in neuroscience within their country
  • Provide a detailed description of the planned activities, along with a complete list of members of the event organizing committee
  • Ensure to Submit a copy of the event program.

In addition

  • Only individuals from Africa, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Pan-Europe regions are eligible to apply.
  • The scheduled event must occur within the year 2024
  • The mandatory grant report must be submitted within three months after the conclusion of the proposed event. The report should detail the number and percentage of diverse plenary lecturers, symposium speakers, session chairs, and participants.

How To Apply

Application Deadline

April 15, 2024.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here