The Impact Grants Programme is designed for artist-led grassroots organizations. These grants provide vital support to emerging artists from under-recognized groups who are passionate about using their creative talents to drive societal transformation.
The primary purpose of these grants is to help cover general operational costs. From renting studio spaces to acquiring essential equipment, Impact Grants ensures that artist-led organizations can navigate the often tumultuous waters of artistic creation without worrying about financial constraints.
This post will explore the profound impact of these grants and how they are changing arts and culture.
The Origin Impact Grants
The Impact Grant program is the brainchild of The Supporting Act Foundation, an organization dedicated to exploring alternative philanthropic approaches and addressing the challenges facing emerging artists in Europe.
Through extensive research, the foundation recognized a fundamental truth: reducing financial uncertainty for artist-led organizations can catalyze long-term systemic change, foster stronger communities, and generate positive impacts throughout the arts.
One distinguishing feature of Impact Grants is their unrestricted nature. Recipient organizations receive six two-year grants of €25,000 per year, totaling €50,000 per organization.
This financial support comes without the burden of earmarks, allowing these organizations to allocate resources where they are needed most.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible for Impact Grants:
- Organizations must be non-profits registered in the Netherlands, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, or
- Have fiscal sponsors in one of these countries.
- Detailed eligibility criteria can be found in the guide provided on The Supporting Act Foundation’s website.
- Note that applications will be assessed by an independent jury consisting of artists and specialists, including representatives of last year’s grantees.
- Assessment will be based on financial need and the social relevance of each organization’s work and approach.
Applying for an Impact Grant 2023
- The application process can be completed in just a few minutes. However, before submitting an application, kindly read the Impact Grant guide.
- You can check the FAQ below for any enquires
- All Interested and eligible organizations can visit the application page at https://thesupportingact.submittable.com/submit/095c4cf7-058a-429b-bb2f-57215a0d648e/impact-grant-2023 to create their account.
- The official website can be found at https://www.thesupportingact.org/programs/impact-grant-2023
The deadline for Impact Grant 2023 applications is September 18, 2023, at 11.59 AM CET.
How can I apply for an Impact Grant?
To apply for an Impact Grant, visit the application page at https://www.thesupportingact.org/programs/impact-grant-2023 to create your account. Review the eligibility criteria before applying for the Grant.
What is the deadline for applying for the Impact Grant 2023?
The deadline to apply for the Impact Grant 2023 is September 18, 2023, at 11.59 AM CET.
Can organizations outside of Europe apply for Impact Grants?
Impact Grants are primarily available to non-profits registered in select European countries or those with fiscal sponsors in these countries. Please refer to the eligibility criteria for more details.
How are Impact Grants funded?
Impact Grants are funded by The Supporting Act Foundation, which conducts research and collaborates with partners to support emerging artists and artist-led organizations.
What impact has the Impact Grant program had on the arts community?
The Impact Grant program has had a profound impact on the arts community by providing financial stability to artist-led organizations, fostering creativity, celebrating diversity, and inspiring positive change across Europe’s artistic landscape.
More Related Content
- Vital Voices – Grassroots Voices 2023 Cohort 1 – APPLY NOW!
- Stimulus Check Price FAQ’s 2020: Frequently Asked Questions About the Stimulus Check
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program – Small Business Grants Program | FB Business Grant
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship – Apply Now
- How to Apply for a Business Grant