Penn (commonly known as UPenn) is dedicated to provide an inclusive, innovative, and impactful Ivy League education to the greatest and brightest students, regardless of their financial circumstances.
A robust financial aid budget and inclusive aid practices make matriculating at Penn a realistic objective for students from all walks of life. Penn embraces this reality every day: Our many viewpoints and backgrounds combine to make us strong, resilient, and uniquely positioned to shape the future.
Those who had family members attend Penn in the past faced a very different admissions scenario than today’s 2020 applicants.
In 1980, UPenn had an acceptance rate of more than 40%, while the average SAT score was around 1240. In sharp contrast, current applicants have an acceptance rate of less than 7%, and the median SAT score of current undergraduates exceeds 1,500.
While getting into a regular university is difficult, getting into UPenn a private Ivy League is l even more difficult degrees of difficulty.
About the University Of Pennsylvania
The University of Pennsylvania (often known as Penn or UPenn) is a private Ivy League research university located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is one of nine colonial institutions created before the United States Declaration of Independence, when the university’s founder and first president, Benjamin Franklin, argued for an educational institution that developed leaders in academia, trade, and public service.
Penn claims to be the fourth oldest institution of higher education in the United States, yet this claim is challenged by other institutions, as Franklin first convened the Board of Trustees in 1749, making it the fifth oldest institution of higher education in the United States.
University Of Pennsylvania Acceptance Rate
The University of Pennsylvania announced the number of applicants for the class of 2027. UPenn had a record of 59,463 applicants who applied to Penn’s Class of 2027 in the early and regular rounds and only 2420 Applicants were admitted, leading to an overall acceptance rate of below 6 percent. Penn announced that about 8,000 students applied through the early decision round but did not disclose the acceptance rate.
54,588 applicants applied to Penn’s Class of 2026 last year. In the prior year, 3,304 students were admitted to the Class of 2025, yielding a 5.87 percent acceptance rate.
UPenn’s Early Decision And Regular Decision
UPenn received approximately 8,000 early decision applications for the Class of 2027 but did not reveal its admission rate. For the class of 2026, UPenn received 7,795 early decision applications last year and admitted 1,218 candidates through the Early Decision program, yielding a 15.6 percent admit rate.
Approximately 51,000 regular Decision application was received by UPenn for the class of 2027, but no acceptance rate was disclosed For the class of 2026, UPenn received 47,205 regular decision applicants last year and admitted 2082 Applicants through the regular decision program resulting in 4.41%
SAT, ACT, GPA, and Class Rank Of UPenn
- SAT: The mid-50% SAT score ranges from 1510-1560.
- ACT: The ACT score ranges from 34-36.
- GPA: The average unweighted GPA for UPenn is 3.9
- Class Rank: The previous year, 93% of the high school class came from the top decile
University Of Pennsylvania’s Demography
The incoming class of 2,420 students for the class of 2027 Demography are as follows:
- First-generation to college students(19%)
- Identified as students of color(57%)
- Races and Ethnicities historically underrepresented in higher education (25%)
- Female( 54%
The University Of Pennsylvania Requirement
- Common App or Coalition
- Official High School Transcript
- School Report
- Letters of Recommendation
- Final Report is Required in June for matriculating students
- Application & Penn-specific Essay
- Agreement for Early Decision (only if applying for Early Decision)
- Regular Decision must ensure that as soon as mid-year grades are available, they must be reported immediately by the school.
UPenn Application Tips
Are you eligible to apply? If so, navigate through the application process by clicking on the link below https://www.upenn.edu/
More Related Content
- Penn Foster Student Login – How to Login to Penn Foster Account Online
- Penn State Academic Calendar 2022-2023 – Penn State Summer Session 2022-2023
- Pennsylvania State University Online Degree Program
- Canvas PSU Login at canvas.psu.edu – Is Canvas PSU Edu down
- Pennsylvania EBT Card Guide – How the Pennsylvania EBT Card Works | How to Apply For the Food Stamp Benefit
- Car Insurance Quotes In Pennsylvania