Caltech is a well-known filming site for shows and movies starring outstanding young scientists. It draws some of the country’s most accomplished thinkers in STEM subjects.
Caltech, also known as “MIT-We st,” is smaller than MIT, with roughly 1,000 undergraduates compared to MIT’s 4,600+. Despite receiving over 16,000 applications every year, the admission rate at Caltech remains exceptionally competitive.
Official Class of 2027 Application numbers are yet to be released based on the result released by Caltech on Saturday 11th of March 2023. But we do know that only 412 students were accepted (according to the report). This could mean that the acceptance rate for the 2023-24 incoming freshman class of 2027 is still between 2-3%.
A Brief History Of Caltech
The California Institute of Technology (abbreviated Caltech or CIT) is a private research institution located in Pasadena, California. The university is responsible for many current scientific advances and is part of a select group of technical institutes in the United States that are devoted to the training of pure and applied sciences. Caltech is often regarded as one of the world’s most prestigious colleges due to its history of technological innovation.
Caltech Acceptance Rate 2023
On March 11th, the California Institute of Technology announced that it has admitted 412 students for the Class of 2027, including those from early acceptance. Caltech has not disclosed the total number of applicants for the Class of 2027.
With the information above, this could imply that the acceptance rate for the incoming freshmen class of 2023-24 was once again less than 3% acceptance rate.
Caltech -SAT, ACT, GPA, and Class Rank
Caltech has yet to publicly release any academic statistics for its Class of 2027, in part because they are currently test-blind, which means they do not take SAT or ACT scores into account. The Class of 2026 had a staggering 96% of its members place in the top 10% of their high school class. While they do not provide average GPAs, it is safe to assume that the majority of Caltech students have an unweighted GPA that ranges between 3.9 and 4.0.
Caltech Student’s Profile Class of 2027
Caltech’s admitted class is a diverse and welcoming mix of students from 39 US states, the District of Columbia, Guam, 31 nations, and six continents (excluding Antarctica). The class contains 44% female pupils (based on birth sex), as well as a number of trans, nonbinary, and gender nonconforming students. Furthermore, 64% of the admitted class is made up of people of color, with 17% being first-generation college students.
The admitted students attended 356 high schools in all, with 64% coming from public high schools. Furthermore, 7% of admitted students are from small towns or rural communities.
Caltech Requirements And Rating
Apply to Caltech using one of the following forms:
- Common App or QuestBridge Application.
- Fee waiver or $75 application fee.
- School Report: This is a document sent to Caltech by your high school college counselor that gives context to your school. You can ask your counselor to complete it using any application platform.
- Your counselor should write a letter of recommendation for you.
- Evaluations of teachers
- Official secondary school transcripts (grades 9-11, or the foreign curriculum equivalent).
- A school official must submit transcripts.
- Mid-Year Report (due when your school’s first-term senior grades are available).
Caltech Application Tips
- The application process is easy, just ensure that you meet the conditions stated before applying
- To begin your application process, click on the link below.
More Related Content
- How to Get Out Of Credit Acceptance Car Loan
- What a Good SAT Score – How to Check the SAT Score for College
- Online Education Classes – Best Online Learning platforms 2023
- SAT Score Calculator: How to Calculate your Scholastic Assessment Test Scores
- Average Sat Score – Average SAT Scores by State | Is 1200 a Good SAT Score